What's new

Latest iTunes Update

jen724

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this latest update a disaster? iTunes has always been klutzy, but I was at least able to sync without too much hassle. Now when I attempt to sync my iPhone4:

- it tells me that I have to set up a new name and password
- then I have to verify billing info
- it won't sync music at all
- when attempting to sync apps, I get an email to confirm that I just "purchased" them
- I can't download app updates.

None of this ever happened before this last update. Any suggestions?

jen724, this is unfortunate. I was planning to upgrade my iTunes this weekend, but will hold off for now. But since not many others have posted about this problem, it may just be a specific problem with your system. Perhaps you could reinstall and see what happens. Let us know what you find.

Thanks....I'll give it a try and let you know.

Per your suggestion I tried syncing again. At least this time it didn't ask me for account information, but the music sync still didn't work. It goes thru the 4 steps, but ultimately there are no changes on my phone - no new songs added or deleted. I tried both automatic and manual syncing. I guess I'll just try a restore.

Did a restore and downloaded the update again. Everything seems OK now.

Sorry if this was a false alarm. I guess the reality is I never know what the h**l is going on with iTunes. I understand with the iPhone 5 you can sync directly with the phone. I hope that's true, and it proves to be a better implementation of iTunes than before.

Yeah, and again, Good Luck! I despise the quirkiness of iTunes. In fact, I'm not really sure what "synching" means in the iTunes world. I tried "synching" once and lost almost everything on my iPhone, esp my Contacts. You have to have all the iTunes check-marks in the right place in the respective tabs, and you have to say the Rosary twice, and chant a Celtic poem while breathing sage fumes to make it do what you want. Anyway...........