What's new

Landcape v.s. portrait

susja

Reaction score
Hello,
I was Droid X user for many years.
Yesterday. I became iPhone 5 user :)
On my Doid X I used to have the option to rotate the screen into landscape mode when I wanted to type since the letters become bigger and it's easier to type.
On iPhone 5 I noticed that's not always the option. What's the normal behavior for iPhone?
Thanks

It depends on what app you're using at that moment in time. I'd say, roughly, 80% of the apps in the App Store allow for the Landscape keyboard. All native apps, however, allow full use of the Landscape keyboard. One app that doesn't allow the use of it that used to... Facebook. Drives me crazy!!!

Well ... I noticed a lot more app that does not provide landscape mode. I'm used to Droid and I almost never had the problem with app rotation. I suggest that app dev took more care about this option for Android v.s. iOS.
I use my phone very much when I drive in case hence it's a big disadvantage for me.
Examples in my case: Native app - 'World Clock' , 'Translate', 'FlightTrack', 'Skype', 'Flashlight' ... and many others ... Well in my case it's way less < 80 % as Thomasjtsi mentioned :)

I wished there was an option to set Rotate "ON" or "OFF". When viewing photos on my flat screen with AppleTV, I hate that auto rotate thing.