What's new

Lack of VPN notification !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerofly

Reaction score
On my previous phone (iPhone SE) and my iPad Air2 whenever I chose to activate my VPN (Nord) connection I would get notification on the top line that it’s in use with a small box showing ‘vpn’. Both machines are on iOS 12.1.

However on my new iPhone XR I get no such notification which is pretty annoying.
I’m wondering if it’s probably due to the ‘notch’ and there not being enough room to display the notification.

Has anyone else noticed this, and has anyone found a way to display any form of visible notification?

You‘ll find it when you pull down the Control Centre, at the top right of the screen.

Yes, I meant to say, it does appear if you drag down the control centre, but that’s assuming you remember to do that, whereas before it was on permanent display.

Your impression is right. That‘s due to the notch. Something similar was happening on the iPhone X on iOS 11: the battery icon wasn‘t visible on the screen. You had to open the Control Centre to see it.

This question was answered back in 2018 and it had nothing to do with the VPN provider.
this thread is now closed to further replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.