What's new

Upgraded to 7.0.4 and notifications now during call

coyoteposse

Reaction score
I don't know if the answer to this is already on here or not, but can anyone tell me what's going on with my phone now that I "upgraded" the timing. I have different music clips I assigned to my different notifications, i.e., mail, texts, calendars, etc. So if my phone was in another room or whatever, I'd know what was what. But now, since the upgrade, when I'm on a call, the notification goes off in my ear during the call. That didn't happen before I upgrade. It's freaking annoying. Is there a setting to stop it from interrupting the call without turning the notification off completely?

Try this, its not perfect as this has long been a complaint about iphones:
iOS 7 you can silence incoming calls and notifications while the iPhone is unlocked. You don’t need to use guided access as a workaround. As you can see in the screenshot below, you can select Always under Silence (Settings app -> Do Not Disturb), if you want to silence incoming calls and notifications while the iPhone is either locked or unlocked.
ios-7-do-not-disturb.jpg

The default option is Only while iPhone is locked, which as the name suggests only silences incoming calls and notifications while the iPhone is locked like previously

I have found some other options in a
Google search so you will have to check and see what is best for you. I agree, its very disconcerting.

Last edited: