What's new

KGI Securities Analyst Reaffirms iPhone 6S Rumors and Expects 5MP FaceTime Camera

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
13467-8239-rosegold-150703-xl.jpg
The unveiling of the iPhone 6S and 6S Plus is upon us. For the past few months we've been gathering more and more solid evidence of what we expect Apple to show all of us in just under a week. On Thursday in a new note to investors, critically acclaimed KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Quo reaffirmed some rumored features.

In the note, Kuo claims that Apple's new iPhone models will feature Force Touch, a new rose gold casing, as well as an upgraded Touch ID sensor. The analyst also reaffirmed that the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus would retain the 16GB, 64GB, and 128GB storage sizes, which we reported on yesterday.

Okay so we already knew most of that, but if you've been out of the loop, it's good to have a nice summary. However, one thing in the note to investors caught our eye. Quo mentions that he expects this year's iPhone models to also ship with upgraded FaceTime cameras on the face of the phones, 5 megapixels to be exact.

Whether Apple plans on upgrading the front-facing cameras this year is accurate or not, the cameras have been due for an upgrade. If Apple does upgrade the FaceTime cameras to 5MP, we believe it would be a huge reason for selfie-lovers to upgrade to the iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus.

Via: MacRumors

Well, Very disappointing that storage is to remain the same and I for one won't be ordering the Rose Gold iPhone.

I'd like to see if the so called rumour is true. I don't believe that after bringing out the iPhone 6, 6 plus, iPad Air 2 & iwatch as well as a new Mac & as rumours that they are bringing out a cheaper iwatch & new Apple TV. Who the hell would have time to design a new iPhone.

Mike A

Anyone else got their pre-order set up yet? Verizon has option to do so as of last Friday....(I have mine in already)

I can't Pre-order until after the event, Presumably this coming Friday, I'll be buying directly from Apple.

Anyone else got their pre-order set up yet? Verizon has option to do so as of last Friday....(I have mine in already)
How can you pre-order without knowing the features and pricing of the new iPhones?

I went to the verizon store by my home and put my deposit on one. They are going to place the order right after the announcement by apple (as soon as it can be done). I basically eliminated standing in line to place my order. I am expecting, as are the people at the store, that he cost is same as last year.

I went to the verizon store by my home and put my deposit on one. They are going to place the order right after the announcement by apple (as soon as it can be done). I basically eliminated standing in line to place my order. I am expecting, as are the people at the store, that he cost is same as last year.
Thanks for the clarification.