What's new

Just Little help please

sw1ft

Reaction score
hi all i have an iphone 4 with 4.3.3 firmware and 4.10.01 baseband i wanted to upgrade to 5.0.1 with custom firmware i did the firmware but when i go to upgrade i keep getting errors 1602 then i fixed it then another error pops up 3194 this is driving me crazy then to top it off when i was putting the gevey ultra back on now i get the usb connect screen can some please please help me im going crazy here lol.. thanks Jake
ps i edit the host file and used tinyumbrella and set everything back to the way it was before.

Last edited:
sw1ft said:
hi all i have an iphone 4 with 4.3.3 firmware and 4.10.01 baseband i wanted to upgrade to 5.0.1 with custom firmware i did the firmware but when i go to upgrade i keep getting errors 1602 then i fixed it then another error pops up 3194 this is driving me crazy then to top it off when i was putting the gevey ultra back on now i get the usb connect screen can some please please help me im going crazy here lol.. thanks Jake
ps i edit the host file and used tinyumbrella and set everything back to the way it was before.

Did you enter PWNED DFU mode?

sw1ft said:
yes i put it in dfu mode too i dont understand whats wrong?

Do you realize there are 2 different types of DFU mode?

Derpounis said:
i dont think he does. weve tried to help him.

Eeh.....he'll figure it out.lol. Most of us do.

I just found out how to make iTunes restore to my iFaith IPSW's. Pretty proud. That sh** was a mess. Got it all sorted now tho.

lol i said yes i put it in DFU MODE too keyword ((too)) meaning yes i know there 2 DFU modes and i tried both.

Well I don't know if it solved sw1ft's problem, but it sure didn't solve my problem. I am on 4.3.3 and I can't update to ANY iOS, I've also edited the host file (No luck), used Tiny-umbrella (no luck). I've tryed non custom and custom IPSW files (no luck). most times I get error code 3194, when using Tiny-umbrella I get error code 2005/2006. The error codes are all different depending on how I try and restore.

I have a iPhone 4 and a 3Gs before that, I don't care about upgrading the baseband I just want iOS 5.0.1.

I'm writing this from work so I will be watching this forum and trying to fix my damn phone all day. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Fabled said:
Well I don't know if it solved sw1ft's problem, but it sure didn't solve my problem. I am on 4.3.3 and I can't update to ANY iOS, I've also edited the host file (No luck), used Tiny-umbrella (no luck). I've tryed non custom and custom IPSW files (no luck). most times I get error code 3194, when using Tiny-umbrella I get error code 2005/2006. The error codes are all different depending on how I try and restore.

I have a iPhone 4 and a 3Gs before that, I don't care about upgrading the baseband I just want iOS 5.0.1.

I'm writing this from work so I will be watching this forum and trying to fix my damn phone all day. Any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have SHSH in Tiny Umbrella when you click the save SHSH button.

Are you on Win or Mac?

I seen 3 SHSH on my home computer, one for 4.2.1, one for 4.3.3 and one for 4.3Bc (I think thats what it was called). Now I'm not 100% sure what the SHSH files do. Before I had upgraded to 4.3.3 FROM 4.2.1. tinyumbrulla had the 4.3.3 and one for 4.3Bc SHSH listed. until this past Sat I've never had my phone past iOS 4.2.1/

Also both computers (work and home) are running Windows 7 64bit.

Is there a way to restore the phone to what it was when it was first taking out of the box? a way to negate all the changes that have been done to it in the past?

Also, PPLE is NOT signing iPhone4 5.0.1 (9A405) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do. This is showing in tiny umbrella, is this telling me that I can't update?

Fabled said:
Is there a way to restore the phone to what it was when it was first taking out of the box? a way to negate all the changes that have been done to it in the past?

Also, PPLE is NOT signing iPhone4 5.0.1 (9A405) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do. This is showing in tiny umbrella, is this telling me that I can't update?

The only way to restore a phone to what it was when it came out of the box is "if it was jailbroken while the firmware was being signed". That's the only way. You can just check Tiny Umbrella.......or iFaith if it's a refurbished device.

Fabled said:
I seen 3 SHSH on my home computer, one for 4.2.1, one for 4.3.3 and one for 4.3Bc (I think thats what it was called). Now I'm not 100% sure what the SHSH files do. Before I had upgraded to 4.3.3 FROM 4.2.1. tinyumbrulla had the 4.3.3 and one for 4.3Bc SHSH listed. until this past Sat I've never had my phone past iOS 4.2.1/

Also both computers (work and home) are running Windows 7 64bit.

Why don't you check iFaith for 5.0.1 SHSH. it's extremely unlikely...but worth a try.
The only way iFaith would have SHSH blobs is if the previous owner was on 5.0.1 at one time, and dumped blobs with it.

The phone was brand new out of the box from my phone provider when I got it. I've not given Ifaith a go before so I will give it a go.

Heres the thing, I've the phone has never had iOS 5.0 before can it not be updated now?

Last edited:
iFaith only lists SHSH for 4.3.3. . from my understanding I wouldn't have any SHSH beyond that if I had never updated my iOS before yes?