What's new

Just Little help please

iFaith only lists SHSH for 4.3.3. . from my understanding I wouldn't have any SHSH beyond that if I had never updated my iOS before yes?

Not exactly. When a device is jailbroken, and Cydia gets opened, then Cydia will automatically save "whatever SHSH is being signed at the time".

Well I'm still in the same boat, I can't update to iOS 5.0.1. its driving me nuts not being able to do this. So if SHSH is uploaded to the current version you have, and I never had any iOS version higher than 4.3.3 what the hell is stoping me from updating now?

Note: Now that I think about it, I've also had to have tiny-umbrella running to do even a restore to my current version, even than sometimes I get an error which is connected with trying to downgrade my phone from 5.0+ firmware. Never understood that as its never been updated bast 4.2.1 (Until last Thursday (March 8th 2012) when I did a 4.3.3 update)

Well I'm still in the same boat, I can't update to iOS 5.0.1. its driving me nuts not being able to do this. So if SHSH is uploaded to the current version you have, and I never had any iOS version higher than 4.3.3 what the hell is stoping me from updating now?

Note: Now that I think about it, I've also had to have tiny-umbrella running to do even a restore to my current version, even than sometimes I get an error which is connected with trying to downgrade my phone from 5.0+ firmware. Never understood that as its never been updated bast 4.2.1 (Until last Thursday (March 8th 2012) when I did a 4.3.3 update)

Idk. Makes sense to me.lol.

Fabled said:
What makes sense?

He fact that it has SHSH no higher then 4.3.3. It was obviously jailbroken, and being used while on 4.3.3, 4.2.1 and 4.3.

He fact that it has SHSH no higher then 4.3.3. It was obviously jailbroken, and being used while on 4.3.3, 4.2.1 and 4.3.

Yes, yes it was jail broken but it isn't now. So your telling me that once its jail broken once you can never go back to normal iOS? or update to a new iOS.

I don't even care about being able to jail break it now, I just want the new iOS.

Last edited:
Fabled said:
Yes, yes it was jail broken but it isn't now. So your telling me that once its jail broken once you can never go back to normal iOS? or update to a new iOS.

I don't even care about being able to jail break it now, I just want the new iOS.

No. That's not what I'm saying at all. You can always go back to stock iOS. I'm saying that when your jailbroken, Cydia automatically saves SHSH for the iOS that's being signed at the moment. Tho iOS 5.1 official SHSH cannot be saved yet. But that's just cuz it's brand new. It will be able to be saved eventually.

No. That's not what I'm saying at all. You can always go back to stock iOS. I'm saying that when your jailbroken, Cydia automatically saves SHSH for the iOS that's being signed at the moment. Tho iOS 5.1 official SHSH cannot be saved yet. But that's just cuz it's brand new. It will be able to be saved eventually.

Well that some good news. Any ideas why I always get 3194 whenever I try and update to ANYTHING past 4.3.3? If I use tinyumbrella for the update than I often get 2005 or 2006 I cant remember which.

Fabled said:
Well that some good news. Any ideas why I always get 3194 whenever I try and update to ANYTHING past 4.3.3? If I use tinyumbrella for the update than I often get 2005 or 2006 I cant remember which.

What are you trying to update to? 5.1? Or 5.0.1. You cannot update to 5.0.1. You do not have SHSH for it. Error 3194 is usually from trying to restore to an unsigned firmware.

If

If I don't use anything, just normal restore/update options (Used both) with nothing else running I get 3194, if I use redsnow to put in recover mode and have tiny umbrella running than I get error 2005. Each and every time. With that being said I can always restore to my current version. I would be happy with just 5.1 for now. I want the newer options, I can wait for a jail break later.

Fabled said:
If I don't use anything, just normal restore/update options (Used both) with nothing else running I get 3194, if I use redsnow to put in recover mode and have tiny umbrella running than I get error 2005. Each and every time. With that being said I can always restore to my current version. I would be happy with just 5.1 for now. I want the newer options, I can wait for a jail break later.

So you tried downloading the 5.1 IPSW?
Then saving it to your desktop?
Then entering DFU mode?
Then opening iTunes and shift+click restore button?
Then double clicking the 5.1 IPSW?

And you should not run Tiny Umbrella TSS server when just restoring to a signed IPSW. That's ONLY for when an iOS is not being signed.

Correct, I get 3194 error code. It is at that point I start using tiny-umbrella TTS server to restore which gives me error code 2005.

Fabled said:
Correct, I get 3194 error code. It is at that point I start using tiny-umbrella TTS server to restore which gives me error code 2005.

You cannot use TSS to restore to 5.1. That would only cause the restore to not work.

I was just trying every options open to me, as just doing normal restore and/or update give me 3194 error