What's new

Just got ripped off, iPhone isn't even jailbroken and is asking for sim

ihoax

Reaction score
I just bought an iPhone 4, and it got shipped to my house...The dude claims that is was already jailbroken. But when I turned on the phone, it says No SIM card installed. My intent was to resell this jailbroken iPhone, and I have no idea what to do now. I don't have a sim card of my own to active the iphone either. I just waited a few hundred dollars down the drain and have no idea how to even get started. How can I get myself to figure out what firmware this is? or what can i do to bypass this "NO SIMCARD INSTALLED SCREEN"? Much help would be greatly appreciated :/

ihoax said:
I just bought an iPhone 4, and it got shipped to my house...The dude claims that is was already jailbroken. But when I turned on the phone, it says No SIM card installed. My intent was to resell this jailbroken iPhone, and I have no idea what to do now. I don't have a sim card of my own to active the iphone either. I just waited a few hundred dollars down the drain and have no idea how to even get started. How can I get myself to figure out what firmware this is? or what can i do to bypass this "NO SIMCARD INSTALLED SCREEN"? Much help would be greatly appreciated :/

Why not look onto purchasing a gevey sim

Maybe he meant that it had been jailbroken at one point. Either way, you didn't get "ripped off" nor did you "throw a few hundred dollars down the drain." Even unjailbroken you can probably get around $450 for it....

Plug the phone into iTunes to see what firmware it is running.

Maybe he meant that it had been jailbroken at one point. Either way, you didn't get "ripped off" nor did you "throw a few hundred dollars down the drain." Even unjailbroken you can probably get around $450 for it....

Plug the phone into iTunes to see what firmware it is running.

Ok, I just talked to the guy and he said he had to wipe the memory for some odd reason....I plugged my phone into itunes and it says no simcard so it wont show me my firmware...I asked the guy who sold it, he said its AT&T version 4.2.1

I need to figure out how to active the iphone without the sim at first. Would jailbreaking it with greenp0ison do the trick?

Last edited:
You can use redsn0w to hacktivate and jailbreak

Hmm isn't redsn0w for 4.2.1 mac only and still in beta mode and tethered? Shouldn't i just go ahead by jailbreakin it with greenpois0n?

You can use redsn0w to hacktivate and jailbreak

Hmm isn't redsn0w for 4.2.1 mac only and still in beta mode and tethered? Shouldn't i just go ahead by jailbreakin it with greenpois0n?

No, Redsn0w is for both Mac and Windows and it's an untethered jailbreak for 4.2.1. You can use greenpois0n but it won't hacktivate so you would still need to run Redsn0w on top of greenpois0n to activate the phone. Might as well just use Redsn0w for both.

Nobody in the right state of mind would sell you his phone with his SIM card included.
The seller did the right thing by wipe clean the memory of the phone before selling the phone. You wouldn't one someone else get the hold of your personal information, would you.
Chill out, ask to borrow an iphone 4 SIM card from a friend to re-activate the phone.

Nobody in the right state of mind would sell you his phone with his SIM card included.
The seller did the right thing by wipe clean the memory of the phone before selling the phone. You wouldn't one someone else get the hold of your personal information, would you.
Chill out, ask to borrow an iphone 4 SIM card from a friend to re-activate the phone.

You need to learn how to read. I'm not complaining about him not giving me a sim, the phone was unactivated and isn't jailbroken when he claimed it was. And about not having a sim, I'm saying, I don't have an iPhone. Thus, i don't have an iphone sim. Bottom line is, I'm about to hactivate my phone.