What's new

just bought iphone --- whats a good case, charger

soimcrazy

Reaction score
Picked up a new iphone from Verizon last night. This is my first smart phone so theres a lot to learn.
They tried to sell me a $50 case/car charger package....no thanks. I can get them off ebay for a fraction of the cost. But whats a good one? How about the otterbox? And I want a separate car charger and an extra home charger for work. Is any of ebay good?

Picked up a new iphone from Verizon last night. This is my first smart phone so theres a lot to learn.
They tried to sell me a $50 case/car charger package....no thanks. I can get them off ebay for a fraction of the cost. But whats a good one? How about the otterbox? And I want a separate car charger and an extra home charger for work. Is any of ebay good?

Home page

Why don't u buy it from the apple store? At least even if you spend money, you are sure that you have a real charger products, and in case it have any trouble or giving troubles to the phone, it's easy to get a replacement. Well i don't buy apple stuff from 3rd party. Always from apple store and with a long time warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't pay outrageous prices from Apple for chargers. They can be had on Amazon for super cheap.

As for the case, it depends what you're looking for. I bought the Square Trade warranty so I don't really want a giant bulky case. All I have is a bumper frame that will protect the edges from a slight drop and it wraps slightly around the front with a lip so the screen never touches the surface you set it down on. I got the Griffin Reveal Frame for like 20 some bucks.

The USB charger that comes with the iPhone is a 1A (1000mA) charger. So anything that high (or higher) will work just fine. You just have to be smart about it and read the reviews...if it gets a one star, don't buy it.

A car charger or a home wall charger? I picked up a universal car charger at walmart for around 10$. It allows two USB cables to be attached in unison to charge say an iphone and bluetooth. As for a case, you can find the otterbox defender for the iphone online for 35$ shipped if you use google shopping... i just got mine last week.

I'd buy the car charger from Apple for sure, because with my old 3gs i would charge it in the car with a 3rd party charger all the time and after about half a year my battery was done ! First it would only last about 30 minutes and before i knew it, it wouldn't turn on anymore and what not

I'd buy the car charger from Apple for sure, because with my old 3gs i would charge it in the car with a 3rd party charger all the time and after about half a year my battery was done ! First it would only last about 30 minutes and before i knew it, it wouldn't turn on anymore and what not
Has nothing to do with the charger.

Has nothing to do with the charger.
It does if it puts out too much power or not enough. Same goes for the palm line of phones and certain car chargers. Diminishes battery life drastically.

Wrong again.

Battery Charge Levels
Quite simply, it is not possible to overcharge a cell phone battery. However, leaving it plugged in for more that 24 hours can cause it to overheat, thereby shortening its overall lifespan. Most Li-ion batteries and chargers contain internal circuitry that stops the charging when it hits 100 percent, but always unplug it after long charging intervals, just to be safe.
This debate gets old though, so I'm not going to go into it over and over again beating a dead horse. The long and short of it is, if your charger is higher mAH than the OEM, it will charge relatively faster and then stop charging once the charge is complete, and if it's less, it will simply charge slower.

The only way you are damaging your battery is if you are overheating the device.

I have used the iPad's 2.1A charger to charge my bluetooth headset that comes with a 350mAH OEM charger for almost a year now without anything other than the usual degradation of battery life that you see from LiON batteries.

Last edited:

Buddy, just go to bestbuy and purchase the OtterBox Defender. this way, you don't have to wait for the mail man

i always get otterbox since i had my 2g. and for charger i say stick with the apple charger but if you want you can get a belkin.

I bought an apple bumper case and a Matt screen protector so no finger prints or grease marks and got a parrot minikit smart which has a Speaker built in for tom-tom as the iPhone is a bit crap for tom-tom and it syncs with the contacts automatically and does voice recognition and so far very happy with it and if it saves a £60 fine while im in the car them its worth every penny. ps I paid £75 for it.

A car charger or a home wall charger? I picked up a universal car charger at walmart for around 10$. It allows two USB cables to be attached in unison to charge say an iphone and bluetooth. As for a case, you can find the otterbox defender for the iphone online for 35$ shipped if you use google shopping... i just got mine last week.

I love the word unison!

1. speaking or singing at the same time; simultaneously
2. in complete agreement
3. at the same pitch

I am using an Apple bumper - got it for free.
Re charger: a Belkin car charger does the work (the genuine ones are also Belkins).