What's new

Just a thought ......

sony007

Reaction score
Have any windows user waiting for the 4.2.1 JB tried to install the MAC OS on there pc/laptop to attempt to JB the IP4?

I have been thinking about doing this. The untethered JB seems to be taking forever to be released haha.

My iphone is new so it came loaded with 4.2.1 so upgrading from 4.1 wasn't a choice for me.

I think this may have to be an option for me, as I'm hoping that I can revert back to windows seamlessly once the deed is done..;-) if it can be done that is !

I actually never even thought of doing this. The sad thing is, iOS 4.2.1 has been out how long without a legit untethered jailbreak (Windows platform) but iOS 4.3 is set to drop soon and there is already rumors of an untethered jailbreak.

What's so hard to jailbreak on OS 4.2.1?

you can run mac in a virtual machine, i have but its painfully slow(mebbe i havnt set it up correctly!!) i downloaded a VM image and used VMplayer. im still experimenting and will post back!!

What's so hard to jailbreak on OS 4.2.1?

...and why would 4.3 be able to be jb'd so quickly.

Not sure? Just going off of what I've read on here and other forums??

And if you were to install Mac OS on a Windows based computer just to jailbreak your phone, wouldn't your phone now be sync'd with a Mac and if you had any issues, wouldn't you have to reinstall the Mac OS, assuming you delete it after you do the jailbreak?

You can dual boot your computer so you can use windows and mac.

They've had an untethered jailbreak for life for the iPhone 4 since it was released call sprit. It can only be closed by a hardware upgrade not software. The 4.3 jailbreak uses some part of this exploit to the best of my understanding...

You can dual boot your computer so you can use windows and mac.

They've had an untethered jailbreak for life for the iPhone 4 since it was released call sprit. It can only be closed by a hardware upgrade not software. The 4.3 jailbreak uses some part of this exploit to the best of my understanding...

if you got a tutorial/how to with versions and links that would be much appreciated, also a spec list for the pc!!

also would it require a new install of windows or can you just 'nudge' it in like you can with some linux versions, ive got dual boot win7/mythbuntu could i add to this?