What's new

Controlling IP4 from my laptop

sony007

Reaction score
I basically would like to use my laptop keyboard to send long messages which is still threaded to my corresponding messages on my IP4, so I just need to know if there is an app that will allow me to connect my phone to my laptop so I can type using the laptop instead off the IP4.

My phone is not currently JB, I'm also waiting ....4.2.1 ;-)

I don't know of a way to do it without jailbreaking. You can do I the other way about though...

I basically would like to use my laptop keyboard to send long messages which is still threaded to my corresponding messages on my IP4, so I just need to know if there is an app that will allow me to connect my phone to my laptop so I can type using the laptop instead off the IP4.

My phone is not currently JB, I'm also waiting ....4.2.1 ;-)

a bluetooth keyboard might be your best option if you dont like typing long messages on the touch screen

What app would I need to use to connect my phone to laptop once I get my phone JB in that case?

@ i is for phone: that is an option but I think connecting the phone to the laptop is more suited for me as it's only going to be a now and again thing.

What app would I need to use to connect my phone to laptop once I get my phone JB in that case?

@ i is for phone: that is an option but I think connecting the phone to the laptop is more suited for me as it's only going to be a now and again thing.

is your laptop bluetooth compatible? i wonder if that alone lets your treat it as a bluetooth keyboard

anyone know?

Yes it is now mention it, good thinking batman ;-). Can anyone confirm if this is possible?

Dont know about the Bluetooth option. As for after you jailbreak, you will need veency from cydia and tight VNC or similar on your computer...