What's new

Jobs Confirms Imminent Update to Solve iOS 4 Slowdown Problems on iPhone 3G

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone-3G.jpg

Steve Jobs has replied in typically succinct, yet informative, fashion to an email from a customer who wanted to know when the slowdown issues that some iPhone 3G owners have experienced since installing iOS 4 would be addressed. Apple had already previously confirmed that it was investigating the matter, now it looks like help could be on the way for all you slowdown sufferers in the near future. Here’s the email exchange in full, courtesy of MacRumors :

Customer: “I've waited patiently through 4.0.1 and 4.0.2, looking for a fix that will make my phone work again. I've read the forums that advise me to jailbreak my phone or use some other method so I can downgrade back to a version of iPhone 3, however I'm not prepared to use a method that is not supported by Apple.”

Steve Jobs: “Software update coming soon.”

Sent from my iPhone.

MacRumors concludes that Jobs is probably referring to iOS 4.1, which is currently undergoing testing, with the betas apparently already greatly improving the speed of performance on iPhone 3Gs.

Source: MacRumors

At least he didn't deny this like he did with the hardware issues on the iphone 4