What's new

JB 5.1.1 questions

topgun80

Reaction score
Hello, I bought an iphone 4 the day it became available. I Jailbroke it on 4.2.6 and have over 100 apps loaded through Cydia and other sources. Obviously I've been out of the game for a long time. Can someone tell me if there is a foolproof (me) way to JB 5.1.1 which itunes tells me to upgrade to. Secondly, if I do that is there anyway to save all my apps? Thanks for any help or direction you can give me.

you can use absinthe, redsn0w, or snowbreeze to jailbreak 5.1.1. And to retain your apps, after jailbreak, just go into iTunes to the app store and click the PURCHASED link. it will give you all the apps you have purchased and the option to download all. Not sure if you can save the cydia apps though.

I didn't know snowbreeze could jb A5 devices. I used absinthe for my iPhone 4 then my 4S. It was super easy

Just for reference, all the facts on current methods are included in our sticky here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/

sn0wbreeze CANNOT currently jailbreak a 4S device since it relies on a pwndDFU mode to install the custom firmware. iPhone4 is of course fine with sn0wbreeze, which is what the OP has, so waldoe's original advice was bang on.

Absinthe and redsn0w are the only two methods which support A5 / A5X devices (inc. iPhone 4S). Both use the same mechanism and are more or less "one click" for iPhone4S.

Hope that clarifies.

f4780y said:
Just for reference, all the facts on current methods are included in our sticky here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/jailbreaking-methods-iphone-18519/

sn0wbreeze CANNOT currently jailbreak a 4S device since it relies on a pwndDFU mode to install the custom firmware. iPhone4 is of course fine with sn0wbreeze, which is what the OP has, so waldoe's original advice was bang on.

Absinthe and redsn0w are the only two methods which support A5 / A5X devices (inc. iPhone 4S). Both use the same mechanism and are more or less "one click" for iPhone4S.

Hope that clarifies.

Aha. So no go for snowbreeze on 4s. It's not often I get my hands on a 4s and the few I have jailbroken, I used redsnow. Thanks for clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Correct me if I am wrong but i4 as A4 device, 4S is A5