What's new

Jay-Z Will Be Relaunching Tidal High Fidelity Music Streaming Service

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
Tidal1.jpg
Earlier this month, rapper Jay-Z placed the winning bid of $54 million on Tidal, a music streaming service like Spotify and Pandora. What makes Tidal different is that it allows for higher-quality audio streaming unlike some competitors.

Now that Hova has taken over the biz, him and his team promise "first window" exclusives from artists like Madonna, Kanye West and Daft Punk. TechCrunch Reports that the service will also be paying its musicians twice as much as competitors. Something which has been problem for artists like Taylor Swift, who reportedly backed out of streaming her music on Spotify due to the revenue being too low.

Tidal will be holding a press conference later today to release more details regarding the relaunch of the service and more. The music streaming industry is a bit overpopulated with the aforementioned services and Apple's rumored merger of Beats Music amd iTunes Radio on iOS 8.4.

I'm a simple person who doesn't use fancy headphones and don't care about my music being .FLAC. However, there are plenty of audioholics out there that I know would be interested in something like Tidal.

Last edited: