What's new

Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' Will Never Be On Apple Music

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
life-of-pablo.jpeg
Rapper Kanye West released his highly anticipated new album "The Life of Pablo" exclusively on Tidal. The music streaming service backed by Jay-Z, Rihanna, Beyonce and more, is currently the only way to listen to TLOP.

Soon after the release, West sent of a tweet informing his followers that his new album will "never never never be on Apple [Music]", which left fans disappointed. The marketing stunt did however bump Tidal up to being the #1 downloaded app in the App Store.
wDx8Abf.png

If you still haven't made the choice of a music streaming service, or just want to try it out, Tidal currently offers two different subscription plans. $9.99/month will currently get folks TIDAL Premium, while $19.99/month can buy TIDAL HiFi with Lossless High Fidelity sounds quality. Both are available with a free trial.

Kayne is bold face liar about his album never being for sale. He put his album on his website for paid download! He was FORCED to remove it (12 hrs later) because of the contract he signed with Tidal which has exclusive rights to stream his album for 7 days. He violated the contract he signed, which is now coming back to really bite him in his wallet. Over 500,000 copies of his album have been pirated already due to West publishing the album.

Tidal really got the shaft from Kayne due to him selling the album. They now can sue him for breach of contract. Tidal was to use the release of Kayne's album to bring attention (and money)to their steaming service. However Kayne published it on his own, causing major piracy. I bet 200,000 copies of his album are already on Apple products.

Tidal may be the #1 app downloaded in the Apple Store, but also the most pirated album so far this year.

I'm glad he feels that way, because I will never ever listen to it :)