What's new

Jailbroken,possibly unlocked Iphone Accidently updated via Itunes, please help/Adivse

potter_hull

Reaction score
Hi, Please can someone give me any advice or help with this matter. I have and iphone 3gs 32gb, It was previously jailbroken(possibly unlocked) at a shop, however it was accidently updated by someone else via itunes to firmware 4.2.1 (8C148a) and now wont read the sim card, is there any way to downgrade the phone and re-jailbreak or are there any other options that are possible. I have tried looking at some forums but not fully sure what to do as i don't have a amazing understanding of jailbreaking as i'm fairly new to this. I have looked at the baseband of the phone and it is currently 05.12.04 in case this helps.

Thanks in advance for any help

no i dont think its possible, you can jailbreak but as far as the unlock goes, once you update the baseband its impossible to downgrade to one that works with an unlock

You can't downgrade your baseband but since your on am 3GS you can update it to an unlockable one. First you will need to jailbreak it using redsnow.

Check the Dev team blog for more info...

Link...

Last edited: