What's new

Jailbroken locked iphone vs jailbroken Factory unlocked iphone

fady

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have the option to buy an iphone 4 locked to vodafone or a factory unlocked one which is around 100$ more expensive but i am a vodafone user and i have no plans to change the carrier anyway.

My question is .. are The jailbroken locked iphones treated differently than jailbroken factory unlocked ones in any manners?

Lets say for example i want to update them to a newer firmware, do i just update the firmware and re-jailbreak the devices or is the locked one more of a hassle to update if its jailbroken?

Thnx in Advance :)

Greetings,

I have the option to buy an iphone 4 locked to vodafone or a factory unlocked one which is around 100$ more expensive but i am a vodafone user and i have no plans to change the carrier anyway.

My question is .. are The jailbroken locked iphones treated differently than jailbroken factory unlocked ones in any manners?

Lets say for example i want to update them to a newer firmware, do i just update the firmware and re-jailbreak the devices or is the locked one more of a hassle to update if its jailbroken?

Thnx in Advance :)

let me tell you the difference... since you use vodafone and only vodafone then it really makes no difference if its factory unlocked or not. the only thing that factory unlocked does is enable you to put any sim world wide and update.. people have problems because they buy a phone for say vodafone and want to use another carrier such as t-mobile or orange or o2 and then they have problems with unlocking

so for you it will be ok you will update anytime you want and wont have problems with unlock... now jailbreak you will lose the jb until there is a new jailbreak for that firmware or some people some times stay on the firmware until there is a new jailbreak for the newer firmware then update..

hope that helps

Okay, so the locked one is brand new, cheaper and with a 1 year warranty so i think it will be a better choice.

and as for jailbreaking and updating .. i just jailbreak the phone with the proper jailbreak and when i need to update the fw .. do i unjailbreak it first or update it while its jailbroken and re-jailbreak it? just makin sure am not missing anything

When you update it you will loose the jailbreak. Remember everytime there's an uptate there not always a jailbreak for it...

yeap, sounds to me like you would be better off with the one locked to voda, save cash and you still dont worry about unlock solutions.