What's new

Jailbroken Iphone 4S... Bluetooth not working? also error 3194?

eberkelmans

Reaction score
Hey out there!
Im really stuck on this issue.
I have a successfully jailbroken Iphone 4S (5.0 9A334) using Absinthe.
Everything works great except I can no longer use bluetooth devices.
From googling around I've learned that a method to fix this issue is just restoring the phone and re-jailbreaking....
HOWEVER... when I try to restore my phone to a custom restore ie. (5.0_9A334 or 5.0.1_9A406 or 5.0.1_9A405)
I get the error message 3194.
SO... to try and fix this error, Ive downloaded Tinyumbrella that didnt seem to work at all... and I even went in and changed the host file as recommended... that also didnt work.

So I'm kinda stuck!! Anyone have any idea what I should try next?

Hey out there!
Im really stuck on this issue.
I have a successfully jailbroken Iphone 4S (5.0 9A334) using Absinthe.
Everything works great except I can no longer use bluetooth devices.
From googling around I've learned that a method to fix this issue is just restoring the phone and re-jailbreaking....
HOWEVER... when I try to restore my phone to a custom restore ie. (5.0_9A334 or 5.0.1_9A406 or 5.0.1_9A405)
I get the error message 3194.
SO... to try and fix this error, Ive downloaded Tinyumbrella that didnt seem to work at all... and I even went in and changed the host file as recommended... that also didnt work.

So I'm kinda stuck!! Anyone have any idea what I should try next?

I don't know how to help with the Bluetooth issue, sorry.

But I can tell you there is no way to restore that iPhone 4S and re-jailbreak it. If you manage to get it to restore, it will out the lates iOS version on it, which will be iOS 5.1. This version is not jail breakable. So, be glad you were getting the error - cause I don't think you want to lose your jailbreak.

Changing host files and using Tiny Umbrella will not help. You cannot restore that phone and have it jailbroken.

So, what is the problem with the Bluetooth? My iPhone 4S works well connecting to my Jambox and Apple wireless keyboard via Bluetooth. Maybe if you describe what is happening?

Marilyn

Thanks for your help! :)
As far as the bluetooth problem goes... I just got a new car with bluetooth capability. The car can see my iphone, it comes up when its searching for near by devices, but my phone cant find the car.
It worked fine right up until the other night when I jailbroke. My wife's iphone still works just fine in the car..... Any ideas?

I'm sorry, but I don't use the Bluetooth in my car. But - have you tried to reset the phone? Or, have you, in Settings, tried to have the phone "Forget" the previous settings - then tried to start over from the beginning?

That's about the only things I can think of. Hopefully, someone will come along who may have more help. Sorry.

Marilyn