What's new

iOS Recovery Problems | Error 3194

ibby1992

Reaction score
Hello Community,

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.3.
Since two days I've been experiencing a problem: Whenever I start an app it crashes and goes back to the home screen. I tried everything (respringing, rebooting etc) but nothing worked. I cannot remember anything that I did that might have led to the problem. So I decided to get the phone restored. Since iOS 5.1 is not going to untetherable, I downloaded the iPhone 4 GSM iOS 5 IPSW and tried restoring by holding the shift key and clicking restore. Whenever I try doing that I get the following error:

$Capture.jpg

(The iPhone "Ibby's iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occured (3194).

I googled for all possible solutions including using tinyumbrella, DFU mode and changing the hosts file manually. Nothing worked. I also deleted all the apps from my phone and removed some things installed via cydia (SBSettings etc.) The problem is still there. I know from another thread on iPhoneForums.net that this might happen if Apple doesn't want you to downgrade or install an old version of iOS. But the situation was slightly different and I am trying to install iOS 5 not 4, so I decided to ask for help. Thanks to everyone who can help - its really appreciated!

Ibby

Occurs when trying to install an old firmware and Apple's server disallows the installation. You will not be able to restore to iOS 5 because apple is not signing that iOS version no more.

Occurs when trying to install an old firmware and Apple's server disallows the installation. You will not be able to restore to iOS 5 because apple is not signing that iOS version no more.

Great, thanks Apple -.-'
I guess I'll have to live with tethered jailbreaks from now on, unless there's a way to untether iOS 5.1 (or is it 5.01?). I assume there is no workaround and no way of installing an older iOS either?

Thanks for the help :)

There no work around for 5.0.1 and I don't think a JB is officially release for it yet.

Cool, I'll try to update and I'll see what happens ..