What's new

Jailbroken iPhone 3gs won't restore

Bondon45

Reaction score
Recently, I went to update iTunes because it wanted me too and I accidentally clicked "Update iPhone"  (because I was in a rush), because it popped up out of nowhere. My iPhone was jailbroken (of coarse) and now it's stuck in recovery mode. It is literally stuck there. It's been 4 days now I've tried everything. Here's is what I've tried:

tinyumbrella (reboots my iPhone onto the same screen)
Tried restore it normally and tried downgrading (Obviously won't work because of jailbreak)
RecBoot (Nothing happens)
fixrecovery (I'm not sure how to completely use it. It's has to do with terminal and stuff so it's pretty complicated)
DFU mode (Nothing)<br>iReb (Nothing)
Blackra1n
SSH opening (iFunBox) (configuring files in the iPhone directly)
redsn0w (tried recovery fix, usually it freezes on the black screen)

So in conclusion I've basically tried everything so far besides trying to get rid of the jailbreak. I don't know how to fix it, is my iPhone completely gone? Is there someway I can get in and restore it to normal without iTunes. Kudos

Last edited:
Welcome to the iPhone Forums, one of the best iPhone forums anywhere. You will find members from around the world who are willing to help with any questions or problems you may have. If you have a question and a search of the forum threads doesn't provide the answer you need, don't hesitate to ask questions. If you haven't already done so, please take the time to readour rules before posting.

Have you tried this tutorial, yet? http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/h...afe-method-restore-current-version-ios-26019/

If you follow it exactly, it should restore your phone to working condition. BTW, you do need iTunes and you will lose your jailbreak.

I was actually up to the point where I was going to give to an apple store to reset it. Now I have everything back to normal and under control. Thanks. You're a life saver>