What's new

iPhone 3GS won't restore

The first question wasn't a yes or no question. What errors did yo get. The entire dialogue or error

The first question wasn't a yes or no question. What errors did yo get. The entire dialogue or error
\

sorry, missed the first q

Red Snow tells me that it does not support that iOS version.

0.9.15b3

is what I am using. Is that wrong?

Did you get the error when trying to jailbreak or trying to restore

Did you get the error when trying to jailbreak or trying to restore

restore

I don't want to jailbreak it (but I am willing if that's what it takes), just trying to get the darn thing to work.

Hmm. That's a first. If its the proper firmware for the proper difference and it's the latest version of RedSn0w and all, it should have a problem. Try using iTunes again, and make sure it's in dfu

I exited out of every single program. Ran iTuns as Admin (why the heck not?) and it did the same thing.

It went all the way through and when the phone was about 90% done, it said there was an unknown error (error 29) and the iPhone could not be restored.

this is after I went in and allowed every single thing allowable on Window's firewall to make sure that wasn't the conflict.

Is it possible that its Windows is being evil?

Try a different computer. Many error 2X or 16XX can be corrected b restoring using another computer assuming they're not actual hardware problems

Try a different computer. Many error 2X or 16XX can be corrected b restoring using another computer assuming they're not actual hardware problems

same result

Is there anything else to possibly try?

Well, I had an iPhone 3GS but after the years it just gone completely off with all sorts of trouble including not being able to restore. The worse thing is that the battery drains off like in a 2 hours without any usage. Just get the new iPhone 5 perhaps?