What's new

jailbreaking

VtAzn413

Reaction score
my ip4 is currently on 4.1 I want to update its latest firmware i guess its 4.3.4 now. Is the best way to update it through itunes then jailbreak it or can i just jailbreak it from an already jailbreak state. thnx

You will not be able to untether jailbreak the latest iOS 4.3.4
Just jailbreak your actual iOS right away and that's it.

Black F.U iPhone 4 with stock iOS 4.3.4.

my ip4 is currently on 4.1 I want to update its latest firmware i guess its 4.3.4 now. Is the best way to update it through itunes then jailbreak it or can i just jailbreak it from an already jailbreak state. thnx

I'm not clear, are you already jailbroken on 4.2.1? And if so, were you saving your SHSH Blobs either with TinyUmbrella or Cydia?

When you open Cydia, what does the top line on the home page, which starts with SHSH: say?

Well my iPhone 4 firmware is 4.1 the shsh blobs says iOS 4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3.3. I didn't know that I had to save the shsh blobs does it really matter if I save them or not

Well my iPhone 4 firmware is 4.1 the shsh blobs says iOS 4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3.3. I didn't know that I had to save the shsh blobs does it really matter if I save them or not

It only matter if you are planing on downgrading from a higher iOS to a lower one, also it comes handy when you upgrade to a new iOS and find out that the new iOS on your phone is too buggy and you willing to downgrade to your previous version. If you didn't save the shsh, then you will not be able to downgrade.

Ok so Ill use tinyumbrella to save my shsh in case something happens but if I wait for the firmware 4.3.4 to be untethered i can use itunes to update then jailbreak it cause i wanna try to fix my voicemail it never worked since i jailbreaked it back in December. so i wanna update it with itunes then try to fix voicemail then be able to jailbreak it with and untethered verson.

Ok so Ill use tinyumbrella to save my shsh in case something happens but if I wait for the firmware 4.3.4 to be untethered i can use itunes to update then jailbreak it cause i wanna try to fix my voicemail it never worked since i jailbreaked it back in December. so i wanna update it with itunes then try to fix voicemail then be able to jailbreak it with and untethered verson.

Ok, are you jailbreaked now? If yes you can save your shsh now. Also I think that there will not be any untether for iOS 4.3.4 your best will be to wait for iOS 5.