What's new

Jailbreaking/Unlocking a New iPhone Help

lbj4kb8

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend just got me a new iPhone 4 for my birthday. (LOVE HER!!!). However, I'm on T-Mobile. How do I jailbreak and unlock my phone if I don't have the AT&T service? How do I get online so I can go to Jailbreakme.com to start? I'm super new at this since this is my first iphone ever. Any help soon will be appreciated. I'm dying to use it asap haha.. Thanks!!

Just open up safari in your iphone4 and type in jailbreakme.com
Slide the slider to the right and you're done!

Just make sure that when you open up cydia you select the "yes, make my life easier" option. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Just open up safari in your iphone4 and type in jailbreakme.com
Slide the slider to the right and you're done!

Just make sure that when you open up cydia you select the "yes, make my life easier" option. Don't make the same mistake I did.

How do I get to safari if the phone isn't activated yet?

Can't it's locked on the iTunes screen until it's activated with a real AT&T account.

Can't it's locked on the iTunes screen until it's activated with a real AT&T account.

I actually got it to unlock and on it now. Here's what I did:
I first removed the inactivated AT&T sim card. Then I turned on the phone and plugged it into iTunes. On the iTunes screen I just pressed the home button and viola I got the main iPhone screen. I just turned on my wifi and was able to go to safari and do all the necessary steps to jailbreak and unlock the phone. On it now and loving it haha a lot more fun then my BB but stiltrying to get use to the touchpad for typing. Plus the battery goes got pretty fast. My phone didn't last for me at work yesterday when my BB would last two and a half days.

Hi there,
I live in New Zealand and my boyfriend is currently in New York right now, he is going to buy me an iphone but we have been doing some research into how to buy it, e.g. with or without a plan with at&t. I was wondering if it is possible to buy an iphone on a at&t plan and then jailbreak and unlock it so i can use it on Vodafone here in New Zealand? Can anyone help me please?

Hi all just got my Iphone and used Jailbreakme.com to unlock it, as it was locked to another carrier. The thing is when I go to jailbrakme.com on the phone now it say's "oops... it looks like the installer crashed last time you tried to jailbreak. :( it might work if you try again" but it installed cydia is this normal?? secondly I installed Ultrasn0w to use my sim card but if i reboot the phone, its locks again and i need to reinstall ultrasn0w to use my sim card again, is this normal??? I'm new to iphones so Im not sure can anyone advise? thanks in advance
p.s. is there an alternative to ultrasn0w which i will not have the reinstall everytime.(thats assuming the above is normal)

I just purchased the iphone 4. Followed the instructions for Jailbreakme.com and a pop up says the following..."Version too
new". What can I do to jailbreak my phone?

I just purchased the iphone 4. Followed the instructions for Jailbreakme.com and a pop up says the following..."Version too
new". What can I do to jailbreak my phone?

You can use the search button > Your probably on 4.0.2 or 4.1 Firmware

apple provide iphones sim free in most countries now, why do ppl still need unlock?:S

for themes and cydia apps :) at least thats my reason.

you do realise that UNLOCK has nothing to do with those cydia apps you speak of.

UNLOCK is to unlock the iphone so it works with any carrier like if its locked to o2 the unlock makes it work with any sim, and apple have made sim free phones that work with any sim available pretty much any where..

jailbreak on the other hand i completely agree with you i love the jailbreak apps and i can see 10000000000 reasons why some one would do that and i am all for it and hate apple for trying to stop jailbreakers and laugh at them for failing miserably

yea i that i know. well i guess ill change what i meant. i dont care about unlock. i just want my jailbreak :)

Sooo I just made the HUGE step from WinMo to iOS in the form of a beautiful 32gig iPhone 4 BUT I updated all the firmware (as prompted by iDooms) and now I am on iOS 4.1, boy have I been suckered. Compared to my WinMo the iPhone (un JB'd) is really restricted for example I can't bluetooth a picture to my little pogo photo printer. I can't transfer any files via bluetooth. I can't set up different folders for different groups of pictures natively on the phone. I can't copy and paste an appointment in Calander. I can't set different audio profiles. That's a hell of a lot of "can't" in fact I'd go so far as to call Steve Jobsworth one big CANT ;-)
Soo how do I JB my gorgeous iPhone and get some of the versatility back?
Any advice or help welcome but please don't tell me "you can't"

Sooo I just made the HUGE step from WinMo to iOS in the form of a beautiful 32gig iPhone 4 BUT I updated all the firmware (as prompted by iDooms) and now I am on iOS 4.1, boy have I been suckered. Compared to my WinMo the iPhone (un JB'd) is really restricted for example I can't bluetooth a picture to my little pogo photo printer. I can't transfer any files via bluetooth. I can't set up different folders for different groups of pictures natively on the phone. I can't copy and paste an appointment in Calander. I can't set different audio profiles. That's a hell of a lot of "can't" in fact I'd go so far as to call Steve Jobsworth one big CANT ;-)
Soo how do I JB my gorgeous iPhone and get some of the versatility back?
Any advice or help welcome but please don't tell me "you can't"

you cant

what you mentioned, is basically why i feel android/windows > apple