What's new

Jailbreaking iphone 4

It said patching kernel but went black screen then I done the jailbreak method and it said failed to jailbreak I done it all right but it's not working :((((( and this jailbreak for iOS 6 won't come out alreadyyyyyy this is getting annoying just waiting for all this.

If you're on iOS 6.0.1, you'll still need to use the iOS 6.0 IPSW. You're an iPhone 4, so you'll need to use the iOS 6.0 IPSW for the iPhone 4 of your type (CDMA or GSM). Make sure you're not using the global iPhone 4 IPSW unless your iPhone really is the global version that was released not too long ago. The only time you'll get the error jailbreaking iOS 6 is if you're using iOS 6.0.1 IPSW, which is really a hotfix and not a full fledged iOS.

Thank you!!! I will certainly try that it's not downgrading I was using the 5.1.1 IPSW I DIDN'T KNOW! So it has to work right

You'll need to have iOS 5.1.1's SHSH blobs saved. The only way to get them now is if the iPhone has been jailbroken before and that you've opened the Cydia app at least once. Otherwise, you're stuck with the current iOS on the device or 6.0.1, the latest.

Yes that's done but the SHSH ARE CURRENTLY Deleted my absinthe and all the blobs and IPSW are deleted I don't think I can do it :(

Sorry also my iPhone 4 is NOT jailbroken at the moment

If your blobs are deleted, the only thing you can do is upgrade to iOS 6.0.1 and jailbreak on iOS 6.0.1 if you're looking to jailbreak.

I don't think I can jailbreak the iOS 6.0.1 if the iOS tethered jailbreak for the iOS 6 isn't out yet?

Wow!! Ok... redsn0w is a Tethered JB for iOS 6.0 and iOS 6.0.1 on your iPhone 4.

iOS 6 and 6.0.1 is out already. To add on to what Justin said, you'll need the iOS 6.0 IPSW in order to jailbreak ios 6.0.1 because 6.0.1 is considered a hotfix and has no system changes in a sense

I meant unteathered I don't want to keep rebooting my phone

Does anyone know if the untethered jailbreak came out Yet for the iOS 6

Does anyone know if the untethered jailbreak came out Yet for the iOS 6

No. If it was, it'll be plastered all over this forum, the dev team's blog site, their twitter accounts and sites like RedmondPie