What's new

Cant JailBreak iPhone 3GS iOS6 GM?

Darkadam

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm trying to jailbreak an iphone 3gs on ios6 GM using latest redsn0w, and even after reinstalling ios6 GM and restoring, it still says exploit failed!
Can anyone help? I really want to reinstall themes and stuff like that again.
Thanks

Please only post a question once. By creating two post you could end up creating confusion on which thread to follow and contribute to.

Make sure that in Redsn0w, you are selecting the iOS 6 ipsw firmware for Redsn0w to use for the rest of the session. And go into DFU mode and try jailbreaking

Thanks.
Already tried that and even brought a official USB cable in desperation.
Any ideas really appreciated.
Thanks

If anything, just upgrade to iOS 6.0.1. The jailbreak for iOS 6.0.1 uses the iOS 6.0 IPSW because iOS 6.0.1 is a hotfix for iOS 6.0 and not a full fledged iOS. This goes for all devices that are jailbreakable on iOS 6.0

Walk us through the steps that you took to attempt jailbreaking your iPhone.

Walk us through the steps that you took to attempt jailbreaking your iPhone.

1) Plug in iPhone 3GS (6.0.1) and turn it off.
2) Run Redsn0w and select iOS 6GM
3)Put iPhone 3GS in DFU mode as per instructions (Even tried some youtube videos)
4) Says "Exploiting", rebooting phone, stage 1 done etc..... then Bar goes down and says "Exploit Failed"

Make sure you're in DFU mode. Plug your iPhone in, put it into DFU before doing anything. Then open up RedSn0w and make sure that on the main page says iPhone 3GS (DFU mode). Make sure you're running in compatibility and as administrator. If that still fails, download a fresh copy of iOS 6.0.1 and iOS 6.0 using a non-Internet Explorer browser, restore your iPhone once again, and RedSn0w it once again.

Look at the video. See if you see anything wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same Issue. Ill reinstall ios6, JB, then restore and see if that does any good.

If you have another computer or has access to one, use that other computer and try it.

I have a laptop, but do I need to install iTunes?
My dads currently using the laptop, maybe ill try tommorow