What's new

Jailbreaking iphone 4

sueeKay

Reaction score
Hey guys,,,
I am currently a ios6 version for my iPhone 4 and since there is no jailbreak for another long time can I restore it back to the iOS 5.1 and jailbreak it again till the ios6 jailbreak comes out?

sueeKay said:
Hey guys,,,
I am currently a ios6 version for my iPhone 4 and since there is no jailbreak for another long time can I restore it back to the iOS 5.1 and jailbreak it again till the ios6 jailbreak comes out?

You can currently JB w/ redsn0w 0.9.15b3. It's a Tehered JB though. You'll need to connect to a computer w/ iTunes & redsn0w each time your iPhone reboots.

You can downgrade your iPhone 4 if you have iOS 5.X SHSH blobs saved. If you haven't saved them, then you're out of luck unfortunately.

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

And how do I do it all over again If you don't mind?

No I want to downgrade since the unteathered jailbreak for iOS6 isn't out yet so I thought I'd downgrade and re jailbreak my phone again. Though I don't have the 5.1.1 tools for the jailbreak they got deleted can I still do it though?

5.1.1 tools got deleted? The tools are RedSn0w or Absinthe, both of which can be downloaded as many times as you like

So I download the 5.1.1 absinthe and what about iTunes apparently you needed something for iTunes?

Really? All you needed was for the iPhone to be recognized by your pc that's it no? I have t used absinthe in a while so :p

So can I still jailbreak it? And downgrade it

Should still be able to as long as you have blobs saved.

Yeah I haven't got anything saved I deleted them :( badluck for me I guess do anyone know when the jailbreak is out the unteathered

Yeah I haven't got anything saved I deleted them :( badluck for me I guess do anyone know when the jailbreak is out the unteathered

Untethered won't come out for a while or at least until the A5+ devices tethered jailbreak are released. You can delete blobs that're saved on Cydia.

Sent via my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Can I please get the steps of how to undergrads and jailbreak again that would be much appreciated.

Download RedSn0w and the IPSW of the iOS you're trying to restore to (must match SHSH blobs). Open up RedSn0w, put your device into DFU mode. Go to Extras > Pwned DFU mode. Then go to Extras > Even More > Restore. Select IPSW and point it to the IPSW that you're trying to downgrade to and have the SHSH blobs for. Select remote and RedSn0w will retrieve your blobs. Then wait for RedSn0w to finish stitching the new IPSW and restore your iPhone back to it.

To jailbreak after restoring, open up RedSn0w, Extras > Select IPSW and point it to the iOS IPSW that your iPhone was restored to, which is the same as the one used before. Go back to the main screen, put your device into DFU mode. Make sure that RedSn0w recognizes it on this screen directly under Extras and above the Next> button. Select jailbreak and you should see a smaller window that would eventually say Patching Kernel. If it doesn't, you're doing something wrong. After the bit of loading, you'll be given a menu of 3-4 items that have check boxes next to them. If you're unlocking using UltraSn0w, tick Install Cydia and tick Deactivate. If you're just jailbreaking, just tick Install Cydia. Select Next and your iPhone should have a stream of white texts on it. The rest is automatic on your iPhone, do not unplug it until you're fully booted once again. If it's an iOS 6 jailbreak, you'll need to boot tether once you fully boot up after the jailbreaking process