What's new

jailbreaking iphone 4

Bigsarge08

Reaction score
I was thinking of jailbreaking the iphone 4 to be able to have hot spot so i can have internet. I was wondering if i jail broke the phone would i loose everything? I have all my information songs, numbers and all that saved on my imac. Im currently at a military school and have my macbook pro and don't have all the songs saved on my itunes on this computer. If i synced my phone with my macbook and backed it up and then downloaded the software for jailbreaking the iphone would all my information and numbers be saved where i can just plug it in and resync the phone?

Jailbreaking won't remove anything from your phone. It is however recommended that you backup your phone prior to jailbreaking as things can go wrong.

You can only sync to one iTunes libary at a time so backing up to the computer that doesn't have all your music etc. will remove it...

yep i agree with Gaz, a backup in itunes is a must even if you dont jailbreak... you never know what can go wrong if you make a mistake or for what ever reason have to restore that is when you would lose everything if you have not backed up in that situation

I have tried on 4 different occasions to jailbreak my Verizon Iphone 4 with 4.2.8 sw. I have used pwnage on my mac. I followed the tutorial and everything appears to work fine with no error messages. The problem occurs after I receive the message that the Iphone will reappear in Itunes after it restarts. At that point the phone goes into eternal white apple mode. I'm talking I've left it there for over an hour. After trying this several times with the same result, I fired up my windows machine with sn0wbreeze. After it created the modified ipsw I transferred it to my mac (where I'm tethered to Itunes) and tried the restore again. This time I got an error message and had to restore back to my original ipsw. I have officially given up at this point. I really really want the MiWi app for hotspot portability. This is the main reason for jb my iphone. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.