What's new

Jailbreaking iphone 3gs - Help!

Caroline83

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm soo new to this iphone lark and I've done a bit of reading already so I kind of know what I need to do but it just isn't working so I thought a bit of trouble shooting with some people in the know might help??

I have been kindly donated a 3gs after my old phone died a tragic death 4 months into a 2 year contract. the iphone is locked to O2 and I want to use my 3 sim.

I have read around and discovered purplera1n, blackra1n, limera1n etc and realised I need to use the one that tallies up with my firmware version. Right?

Bear with me....

Well, I downloaded Limera1n to my mac and when i tried to open it, it said that it was not supported. If anyone can help me I'd be so boody grateful. I've spent my entire weekend just trying to get it to work!

Caroline x

What's the baseband of your phone saying?
And what iOS is installed on the phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you would use ultrasn0w depending on your baseband if you have the right one..

iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G Using UltraSn0w

read and make sure you have the right baseband before attempting that because if your on the wrong baseband you will have 100 problems and mess your phone up.. so READ THE FIRST PART CAREFULLY :) i am not shouting just making sure you read it ;p

First you have to check which software version you are running at. If you are running on a very latest one then you have to wait a bit and most recent jail break won't support and most likely to be in beta stage. So Check it. 2nd step is to Google for black rain and snow breeze software's they are freeware and available to download over the internet, really easy just download install and run it to jail break your I Phone. But just make to keep the older firmware backed up. Seriously it worth giving a try then spending $$$ on scams who offer jail breaking service which didn't even work. All the best mate.