What's new

Jailbreaking ios7

jjmcb

Reaction score
Ill just get to the point. Now that they have a jailbreak for ios7. Is it worth it for me to upgrade to ios7 and jailbreak it. Or should I stick with what I got. Ios 6.1.

Im wondering this too. The IOS 7 JB seems to be a bit unstable from what Im reading.

Sent from the future using Tapatalk via my iwatch.

Most tweaks are still not working as developers are still working on the updates. The jailbreak itself is stable. Whether you upgrade or not is up to you

Most tweaks are still not working as developers are still working on the updates. The jailbreak itself is stable. Whether you upgrade or not is up to you

One more thing if that's ok. I decided that I do want to update. I want to make sure I'm doing it right. What I have done so far is just done a back up so is the next steps
Restore
Update to ios7.0.4
Save shsh under tu (I'm lookin for a tutorial online)
Then jailbreak.

I think thats pretty much it. I also have ifunbox on my pc which allows me access to all folders so I can also save stuff manually as well. There is an app called ISHSHit under Cydia which is quite a handy little thing to save your blobs (not sure from which source though). Ive heard that IOS7 can be a bit laggy on 4S devices as well which is making me a bit hesitant.

This is how the iSHSHit app looks. $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388914470.281212.jpg

One more thing if that's ok. I decided that I do want to update. I want to make sure I'm doing it right. What I have done so far is just done a back up so is the next steps
Restore
Update to ios7.0.4
Save shsh under tu (I'm lookin for a tutorial online)
Then jailbreak.

Look here. Its everything you need to know.

Note that for A5+ devices, your blobs won't be of any use as there're no permanent vulnerabilities that would allow for you to downgrade/selectively restore. Even more so, considering how iOS 7 has a larger mixture of APTickets than SHSH blobs in comparison to iOS 5 and 6, it makes it even more difficult to selectively restore your A5+ devices.

well I ended up upgrading and jailbreaking but now I'm having problems with cydia. when it did the initial set-up it close.when I went back in It said "encountered a section with no package: header"
you may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

any idea on what this could be

well I ended up upgrading and jailbreaking but now I'm having problems with cydia. when it did the initial set-up it close.when I went back in It said "encountered a section with no package: header"
you may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

any idea on what this could be

See if this helps
EDITED

Moderation notice: This post has been edited by the iPhoneForums staff in accordance with theForum Rules Removed Link To Piracy Repo

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops sorry!!
mu6y6u6a.jpg

Last edited: