What's new

Iphone 3gs upgrade

iphone2015

Reaction score
So what can the 3gs upgrade to being jailbreaked? Is there any possible beta ios7 for our phones? Kinda like the androids have unofficial beta roms not all apps or functionalty works its still in testing phase but there is still something there to mess with?

Last edited:
So what can the 3gs upgrade to being jailbreaked? Is there any possible beta ios7 for our phones? Kinda like the androids have beta roms not all apps or functionalty works but there is still something there?
If you want to jailbreak your iPhone 3GS, you can only be on iOS 6.1.2 or lower. There is no version of iOS 7 available for the 3GS.

Im on 6.1.3 jailbreaked 05.16.08. Im surprised noone has came out with a alternate version of 7.

Last edited:
Im on 6.1.3 jailbreaked 05.16.08. Im surprised noone has came out with a alternate version of 7.
The problem is that the iPhone 3GS, among other things, has insufficient RAM and processing power to handle iOS 7. Believe me, you would not be happy with iOS 7 on your phone. If you want to experience iOS 7 you will have to get a newer iPhone.

im pretty happy with 6.1.3 im new at the iphone only one week and i know how to jailbreak and all cydia apps and launch daemons was not fun pretty techinal but i deleted shadows and all that to make the phone faster and ioverclock i cleaner all that. Only thing i havent found is an app to help the ram? I know everything about androids. I like the procedure of jailbreaking its just like rooting and cydia can make it like a rom

Last edited:
There are no RAM boosters. Having a RAMDISK partition is impractical on iOS devices in general let alone the 3GS. The resource management for iOS is solid as is and does not require tweaking. The iPhone 3GS' hardware is lacking, so it's impractical to have a high resource demanding iOS running on a device that can't run it.

There are no RAM boosters. Having a RAMDISK partition is impractical on iOS devices in general let alone the 3GS. The resource management for iOS is solid as is and does not require tweaking. The iPhone 3GS' hardware is lacking, so it's impractical to have a high resource demanding iOS running on a device that can't run it.

Not totally true ...

You can Edit your "fstab" file Back it up first. so anything go's Pete Tong. your Safe lol

1: SSH into your iPhone and goto /private/etc and backup the "fstab" file.
2: Open up fstab in TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad.
3: Add the following lines:
su
alpine (Unless you changed it to something else.)
sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency_max=???000000 (Replace ??? with the MHz Ex: 600)
sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency=???000000 (Same as above)
sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency_min=???000000 (Replace ??? with the MHz you want when the iPhone is sleeping, etc..)

Add those before:
/dev/disk0s1 / hfs rw 0 1
/dev/disk0s2 /private/var hfs rw 0 2

So, in the end, it'll look like this:

su
alpine (Unless you changed it to something else.)
sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency_max=???000000
sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency=???000000
sysctl -w hw.cpufrequency_min=???000000
/dev/disk0s1 / hfs rw 0 1
/dev/disk0s2 /private/var hfs rw 0 2

4: Reboot your iPhone!

(PS: If you try using a tool like Checkup, or something, itll say the same thing because it checks it using the model number and firmware model!)

Credit go's to DaAwesome1 & here is the Post.. & YES It worked.. but it don't always work.. Also I hear it's still working, but you have to get the numbers bang on Guys..

When I made this edit on my 3GS it worked & not to bad to if i may say..

Enjoy Guys... ( You do this at your OWN RiSK)

Last edited:
You clearly have no clue what you're talking about by telling OP to essentially brick his device if he overworks his processor, and you clearly can't tell the difference between RAM and Processing Speed.