What's new

Jailbreaking and contacts

MTXThunder9500

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm new to the site but have been lurking around for about two weeks or so doing some searching. I have jailbroke my iPod touch but naturally I have more important information on my phone and what I'm wondering about is if I jailbreak will I loose my contacts? Also one other thing I noticed when I would sync my iPod when i had it jail broke I would lose my apps I would download from cydia what would cause that and is there a way to not let that happen. Last question I have is on my phone I have a program called account its a checkbook application that I that was like 2.00 do I have to repurchase the programs?

You should be able to get your purchased cydia apps back by opening cydia and on the home page you will see a " purchased" area to get all your paid apps downloaded again. You will not have to pay for them again.

What if the apps I have we're purchased through the app store prior to doing the jailbreak?? I guess I should say that the phone is not jailbroke yet

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

MTXThunder9500 said:
What if the apps I have we're purchased through the app store prior to doing the jailbreak?? I guess I should say that the phone is not jailbroke yet. Also what about my contacts phone and email?

First and foremost be sure to do a back-up of your phone through iTunes before doing a Jailbreak. Just incase you hit a snag during the process you can always restore from your back-up and start over again. As long as you do this you should have no worries about losing contacts. As far as apps you've paid for, wither it be through the iTunes app store or purchased through Cydia... these are always retrievable if deleted or lost by mistake.

First and foremost be sure to do a back-up of your phone through iTunes before doing a Jailbreak. Just incase you hit a snag during the process you can always restore from your back-up and start over again. As long as you do this you should have no worries about losing contacts. As far as apps you've paid for, wither it be through the iTunes app store or purchased through Cydia... these are always retrievable if deleted or lost by mistake.

So after the jailbreak all my contacts will still be on the phone, and how about the applications that i have paid for already from the iTunes App store?

MTXThunder9500 said:
So after the jailbreak all my contacts will still be on the phone, and how about the applications that i have paid for already from the iTunes App store?

After jailbreaking you will be able to sync your contacts back over. You'll also be able to sync your purchased content as well.