What's new

Jailbreak then Apple Update - now jailbreak will not work again

bialo

Reaction score
Hi guys. I jailbroke my iphone4 using green poision, was working a treat, however I accidently updated my itunes and the jailbreak dissapeared... No worries I thought, I'll just re jailbreak... I did all the steps, started to run the jailbreak, but the iphone freezes with black background and script??? I've tried like 10 times, each time it happens.

What can I do?

wait for the jailbreak for the new update to come out.

Any iTunes update will automatically loose the jailbreak.

The last full jailbreak to over 2 months. As always there is never any release dates...

I'm confused. I updated my iTunes and updated iPad to 4.3, not my iPhone. If I plug my iPhone will it automatically update just because I updated my iTunes or will it still ask me If I want to update? If I lose my jailbreak because of the new iTunes, then I will not sync until next jailbreak comes.

i done exactly the same...updated thinkin it would be ok, and lost it..iv been thinkin about downgrading back to 4.2.1 but no point, may aswel wait

Apparently people dont read much before they jailbreak.

Every single Jailbreak tutorial on this site tell you not to do iTunes updates after you jailbreak.

to be fair,there are alot of new iphone owners.....some people only learn the hard way....bet they dont update again after a good jailbreak

i did the same thing in my 1st 30 days of gettn my phone

Before I end up doing what you did to my phone, what version of iTunes updated your IP4 sw?

iTunes won't update your phone without your say so. You can even download the 4.3 update but choose not to install it if you wish.

Only iTunes 10.2 is compatible with the latest iPhone update...

to be fair,there are alot of new iphone owners.....some people only learn the hard way....bet they dont update again after a good jailbreak

yep.. i discovered this site AFTER i upgraded to 4.3 and lost jailbrake. im just hoping the 4.3 jailbrake will be released soon

yep.. i discovered this site AFTER i upgraded to 4.3 and lost jailbrake. im just hoping the 4.3 jailbrake will be released soon

Does anyone know how long it takes for such sites as green poison to update a jailbreak for iphone updates???? months?

cheers.

I think this is a paid blog from Apple to discourage the unlocking that is legal

I think this is a paid blog from Apple to discourage the unlocking that is legal

Maybe, those dev simply don't have free time to make a software to jailbreak and to unlock, since they have being doing it all for free, i don't see the hands of apple behind all this.

I dont Know why if Apple had offer by 2 decades a friendly brand, now are destroying this image blocking iPhone and other devices to loyal customers. It makes a very bad feeling that we can not express, because we were a minor people who defended from 20 years this Ferrari Computer ( it's real comparison) in order to get better works.
From 20 years we support them and now I feel they betrayed blocking our devices.
If someone of you can send this message to the iPhone Marketing Planner I will be very glad if includes my mail: [email protected]

Thanks & regards

JULIO BRADFOTRD