What's new

jailbreak problem.... please help me

RaLLiArTeVo

Reaction score
ok here we go. at some point in the night i took my phone off my charging dock (??) and it died. I am running iphone 4 redsn0w_win_0.9.10b6 tethered. so i naturally put it back on its dock and didnt think anything of it. woke up a few hours later to my phone booting and rebooting over and over. took off dock and noticed it was slightly warm.... noticed that after it booted up it would stay on for about 10 seconds or less then reboot again. so i attemped to "just boot" with redsnow but my problem is it wont get past first stage and redsnow throws an unexpected error and shuts down. the other probblem is that once it boots i cant actually slide to power off because it reboots too quick. tried holding power and home key for 10 seconds to restart but it keeps REBOOTING!!!!! WTF HAPPENED LAST NIGHT LOL please help me i gotta get something working here.... thanks guys your help is much appreciated

Last edited:
Make sure that you enter DFU mode before opening redsn0w. I know its in a loop, so you cannot shut it off, but just hold the sleep&power buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds, then let go of the sleep button and don't let go of the home button til you here you computer beep.

also:

Have you tried to preselect the 5.1 IPSW so redsn0w does not have automatically recognize it?

Download the iOS 5.1 IPSW, (the right one for your device model), save it to your desktop.

Open redsn0w

click "Extras"

Click "Select IPSW"

Then navigate to the 5.1 IPSW and double click on it, then boot tethered
If that does not work, Delete redsn0w, and download it again. Preferably from any web browser you do not often use, or from a guest account on your computer.

If you just cannot get or don't want to try anymore, you can always restore

i was at 5.1 can i go back to 5.0.1 because its the tether that kinda caused this i believe plus my stupidity apparently

RaLLiArTeVo said:
i was at 5.1 can i go back to 5.0.1 because its the tether that kinda caused this i believe plus my stupidity apparently

If you have 5.0.1 SHSH then yeah...you can go back.

Download Tiny Umbrella,
Plug in phone
Click "Save SHSH"
If 5.0.1 shows in the list then you can downgrade to it.

ok im back in action. i don't know how or why but i am . basically i kept trying to enter dfu "just boot" while downloading the 5.1 ipsw and it finally worked. im gonna be honest.... once i got to the first upload stage where it normally crashes i decided to hold power and home keys again...for about 5 seconds, i don't know why... but it jumped thru the first stage and in to the second correctly...... YEAAAAAAAA

Now onto the last question.... any word on the 5.1 untethered jailbreak will be released. tethered scares me know lol

RaLLiArTeVo said:
ok im back in action. i don't know how or why but i am . basically i kept trying to enter dfu "just boot" while downloading the 5.1 ipsw and it finally worked. im gonna be honest.... once i got to the first upload stage where it normally crashes i decided to hold power and home keys again...for about 5 seconds, i don't know why... but it jumped thru the first stage and in to the second correctly...... YEAAAAAAAA

Now onto the last question.... any word on the 5.1 untethered jailbreak will be released. tethered scares me know lol

No one knows about 5.1 untether.....I do know it's not coming anytime soon. Weeks of work. It is going to be a while. But there will never be an ETA.

If you have 5.0.1 SHSH then yeah...you can go back.

Download Tiny Umbrella,
Plug in phone
Click "Save SHSH"
If 5.0.1 shows in the list then you can downgrade to it.

ok cool ill do that now BTW THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH FOR YOU HELP i really appreciate it i really wanna learn all of this stuff but i dont know where to start..... any recommendations lol

it says i have 0 shsh files so i assume i cant :(

can i download the ipsw 5.0.1 and go back or will that brick me??

Last edited:
RaLLiArTeVo said:
ok cool ill do that now BTW THANK YOU GUYS VERY MUCH FOR YOU HELP i really appreciate it i really wanna learn all of this stuff but i dont know where to start..... any recommendations lol

If it were me, I would start by download iFaith from ih8sn0w.com

Now download the 5.0.1 IPSW. Make sure it's the right one.

Save it to your desktop.

Now open iFaith

Click "Build Signed IPSW w/ SHSH Blobs"

Click the browse button
SHSH are located in:
Computer /C:/Users/users name/ SHSH

Click on the 5.0.1 SHSH

Now clilx browse again, and navigate to the IPSW on your desktop.

Wait. When it's done, it will save it to your desktop

Now enter DFU mode, and run iREB from iFaith.

You must run iREB or the restore will fail, giving you error 1600 or Similar

When you get the success message that you have enters PWNED DFU mode, open iTunes.

Click okay.

Now hold down the shift key on your keyboadt while your click the restore button simultaneously.

Now navigate to the iFaith IPSW on your desktop, double click on it, and let iTunes do the rest.