What's new

iPhone 4 tethered jail break 6.1.3 problem

SetoKaiba

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have an iphone 4 and i have been using a tethered IOS 6.1.3 JB on it for more then a year without problems. I am aware that if the battery dies you need to be at a computer to get the phone working again. This happened to me once and i followed the procedure of using (redsnow 09.15b3) to use the just boot option. Before i use the just boot option i also selected the IPSW of (iphone3.1_6.0_10A403_restore.ipsw). I have used this in the past and it has worked.

Recently i had to turn my phone off knowing that i could use the just boot option at home. When i arrived at home, i attempted the just boot fix but this time it would not allow me to put the phone in DFU mode. The message displayed was device not found. I have followed the procedure a number of times and know i followed the instructions correctly.

The problem that i am experiencing now is that the phone is in a constant reboot loop. For example it will boot up, get to the lock screen and i will be able to enter my pin. When i attempt to shut the phone down using slide to shut, it will automatically reboot and show the apple logo and then after a couple of seconds later go back to lock screen. This of course makes it difficult to enter into DFU mode. This normally happens anyway but it allows the user to use the slide to shut option and then enter DFU mode. This time the process happens to quickly. i can hold power button and slide to shut but when i slide, the apple logo appears and after a while goes back to lock screen.

As i had a backup of all my phone data, i tried to restore to factory settings but when i connect the iphone to iTunes, it does not recognize it, as the phone keeps rebooting. I am not sure what the problem is. I dont mind restoring it to factory settings and then to IOS 7, i just want my phone to work again. I would appreciate any help. I apologize if i am not clear in my post.

Uninstall your USB driver and restart your computer. Also try connecting your device into the rear chassis of your computer.

Hi thanks for the reply, i have used the USB ports on the back but same issue. I have not tried resetting the USB ports so will do that. I will post an update later.

Update: it turned out to be a problem with the USB cable i was using to connect the phone to the computer. I used a different cable, let the phone fully charge and the process of entering DFU mode worked. Thanks for help anyway.

Last edited: