What's new

IP4 5.0.1 jail breaking to 6.1.3

VtAzn413

Reaction score
Ok so I'm on ip4 5.0.1 so I want to update it to 6.1.3 for the untethered and when I open up cydia I do see it there so I have a few questions can I just download the package from cydia p0sixspwn and will that take me to 6.1.3 untethered or use redsn0w n point it to 6.1.3?

Ok so I'm on ip4 5.0.1 so I want to update it to 6.1.3 for the untethered and when I open up cydia I do see it there so I have a few questions can I just download the package from cydia p0sixspwn and will that take me to 6.1.3 untethered or use redsn0w n point it to 6.1.3?
do you have blobs for iOS 6.1.3? If so, follow this tutorial. http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/i...restore-my-iphone-x-xs-ios-x-x-x-y-y-y-56320/

If you don't have iOS 6.1.3 blobs the answer is no. In this case the only iOS you can upgrade to is iOS 7.0.4.

Ok I do have blobs for 6.1.3 but now that I saw that the untethered is also on 7.0.4 is it better for me to update to 7.0.4 and re-jailbreak it or will going to iOS 7 make my ip4 slower?

Ok I do have blobs for 6.1.3 but now that I saw that the untethered is also on 7.0.4 is it better for me to update to 7.0.4 and re-jailbreak it or will going to iOS 7 make my ip4 slower?
Right now almost nothing is working in the iOS 7 jailbreak as most tweaks and apps have not been updated for iOS 7. Mobile substrate is also not yet fully functional.

As you have a choice of jailbreaks available you may want to jailbreak on iOS 6.1.3 until the iOS 7 jailbreak is fully operational.