What's new

6.1.3 Jailbreak Questions

xxbilxx

Reaction score
Hi! I am interested in jailbreaking my iPhone 4S running 6.1.3.

However, I have a few questions and problems.

I recognized recently that P0SixSpwn has a tool that does it all automatically for you.
I was wondering if anyone has ran into any difficulties using it.
It is important that I don't brick my phone, because I don't want to restore to iOS 7. ewww!
I was also wondering if that jailbreak restored your phone to factory settings. I did a bit of research, and I don't think it does but I want to be sure.

Anyways, I don't know if this is relevant or not, but I updated to iOS 7 when it came out. I then downgraded while Apple was still signing 6.1.3. I am unsure if the install left any leftover patches on my device or not and want to be sure that because of that my iPhone wont be bricked. I thought I read somewhere that when the jailbreak came out, I wouldn't be able to do it since I upgraded, then downgraded.

One last question. Do I need to install iTunes for this method, or is it simply plug and play as long as the iPhone drivers install properly?

Thanks in advance!

P0sixspwn works on all iOS 6.1.3 capable devices and is a userland exploit, so it jailbreaks your device without wiping it. However, as with all jailbreaks, always backup your device in case something happens to your computer that interrupts the process.

No. The only way to downgrade your device (officially speaking) is to perform a restore while the signing window is still open. Restores will always wipe your device completely, meaning no residual data left on the device. You can upgrade whenever you want/like, there are no restrictions. Downgrading has restrictions on the iOS generally speaking.

You'll need iTunes. The drivers have to be there and since you can't individually install the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch drivers without installing iTunes, there's no other way.

Okay. I tried to jailbreak using P0sisxpwn 1.0.7. However it didn't work. I get so far as to the part in the program where it says to it's rebooting the device. It then crashes.

I also tried 1.0.4 as well. It doesn't crash but it is stuck at rebooting the device. I am unsure what to do, and I have also tried on multiple PC's as well. One had W7 and another had. W8. I tried to run it as an admin in XP service pack 2 & 3.

I am currently stumped and some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Try 1.0.3 here. Perform a hard reset first prior to re-running the utility.