What's new

iOS 7 jailbreak and 6.1.3

iLoner

Reaction score
Hi, I understand that the Evaders are holding off from releasing a jailbreak method for 6.1.3, and that they plan to release one for the more significant iOS 7 at some point.

My question is, when the jailbreak for iOS 7 is released, is there any possibility of this working with 6.1.3?

Most likely not. The delivery method may not be the same on iOS 7 since it's a complete makeover of all the old iOS since it's Jony Ive stepping in to design iOS 7. Plus, there's no point in releasing an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak when a new iOS is out since there's no method of downgrading an iOS on A5+ devices which is the majority of the consumer market.

Most likely not. The delivery method may not be the same on iOS 7 since it's a complete makeover of all the old iOS since it's Jony Ive stepping in to design iOS 7. Plus, there's no point in releasing an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak when a new iOS is out since there's no method of downgrading an iOS on A5+ devices which is the majority of the consumer market.

So apologies in advance if this has been covered. I have looked through the stickies and FAQs and threads. I know that jailbreaks are not announced or discussed much out in the open unless and until one is ready to go. So I just want to see if I have the basics correct.

I have read mods post here that there will be no jb for 6.1.3/4 on A6 and other devices, etc. simply because why go through the painstaking process when iOs 7 is coming out this Fall. Is that a fair statement? Also, more specifically (and now you will be able to tell that, yes, I gave up my 4S w/jb to the overlords at BB to get a "free" iPhone 5 yesterday) is it believed to be possible to jb these new devices? Just want to know, in general, if there may be something coming, with the understanding it may be six, 10, 12, 24 or more months away. Thanks in advance. I love this forum!

So apologies in advance if this has been covered. I have looked through the stickies and FAQs and threads. I know that jailbreaks are not announced or discussed much out in the open unless and until one is ready to go. So I just want to see if I have the basics correct.

I have read mods post here that there will be no jb for 6.1.3/4 on A6 and other devices, etc. simply because why go through the painstaking process when iOs 7 is coming out this Fall. Is that a fair statement? Also, more specifically (and now you will be able to tell that, yes, I gave up my 4S w/jb to the overlords at BB to get a "free" iPhone 5 yesterday) is it believed to be possible to jb these new devices? Just want to know, in general, if there may be something coming, with the understanding it may be six, 10, 12, 24 or more months away. Thanks in advance. I love this forum!

In regards to your new iPhone 5, if it's on iOS 6.1.3 and above, it can't be jailbroken as a jailbreak doesn't and won't exist for iOS 6.1.3 and 6.1.4. If your iPhone is currently on iOS 6.1.2 or below, it can be jailbroken by going here. http://evasi0n.com/

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

maybe everyone will love IOS7 so much they won't want to jailbreak :)
Hah! So my question still is will it be possible to jb ios 7 on A6 devices at some point?

(as far as I know all the new iPhones currently distributed by BB and Verizon at least, are sporting 6.1.4)

Hah! So my question still is will it be possible to jb ios 7 on A6 devices at some point?

(as far as I know all the new iPhones currently distributed by BB and Verizon at least, are sporting 6.1.4)

There's no way to tell when or if a jailbreak will be released for iOS 7. The first beta version was released less than 2 weeks ago and any work on a possible jailbreak can't really begin until the final release version comes out in the fall.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

My guess, the team already has a great easy step to jailbreak 7 ready, just waiting for the GM release.

I've found 2 very apparent loopholes myself that I'm sure that the Apple Devs can easily find and patch themselves. Beta jailbreaks are not reliable because of the constant patching that goes on. You can find a jailbreak delivery method and exploit for beta 1, but in beta 2, it gets patched. Best to wait until Apple completely irons out the iOS before attempting to work on a jailbreak.

maybe everyone will love IOS7 so much they won't want to jailbreak :)
Well since it looks like they ripped off Intellascreen and other JB apps I may not need to :). Probably still do it anyways should it be released :)

So the GM iOS 7 will be pubically released on the 18th of Sept., sure wish we had a JB for iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3 before Apple closes that window.
I may be the only one who wants to save the Blob incase 7 is a stinker. Anyone care to add to my interest with useful insight ?

So the GM iOS 7 will be pubically released on the 18th of Sept., sure wish we had a JB for iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.3 before Apple closes that window. I may be the only one who wants to save the Blob incase 7 is a stinker. Anyone care to add to my interest with useful insight ?
The iOS 7 Gold master (GM)was released on the 10th of September. The final release version is what will be released to the public on the 18th of September.

The iOS 7 Gold master (GM)was released on the 10th of September. The final release version is what will be released to the public on the 18th of September.

Scifan.
The final release is when we should also see the jailbreak that's been held off, iOS 7 JB. But I'm
looking for an iOS 6.1.3 JB for iPhone 5 as I said.
Do you have any thoughts on that possibility ?
Dr. Joe

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited by a moderator:
Scifan.
The final release is when we should also see the jailbreak that's been held off, iOS 7 JB. But I'm
looking for an iOS 6.1.3 JB for iPhone 5 as I said.
Do you have any thoughts on that possibility ?
Dr. Joe

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

The evasi0n jailbreak team has stated that they will not develop an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak in order to preserve exploits that could be used to develop an iOS 7 jailbreak. I think it unlikely that we'll see other jailbreak developers release an iOS 6.1.3 jailbreak as most will also probably be devoting their time to working on iOS 7 as well.

Last edited:
There is an iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 jailbreak backbone released by @winocm practically in collaboration with @ih8sn0w (the Sn0wBreeze developer). This is only the backbone, not a tool. They have no plans on making a tool, and there are several scammers on the internet that are begging (not asking), begging for donations and will "give you access to progress and betas" of the tool. Never pay for a jailbreak.