What's new

Jailbreak iphone 4 and itunes

Jscean

Reaction score
New to this jailbreaking thing so please be patient with me. My freind wants to sell me his jailbroken/unlocked iphone 4 running 4.0.1 which has already been activated and linked to his itunes. My question is how will i be able to link to my itunes and get my contacts and music and stuff and keep the unlocking which is the most important thing for me since I dont have AT&T?

Thanks!

Jscean

You just need to plug into your PC/Mac and set it up as a new phone. IMPORTANT: It will say that there is an update and give you an option to do it. DONT - you will lose your unlock and there is no ETA on a JB for 4.0.2 yet.

You just need to plug into your PC/Mac and set it up as a new phone. IMPORTANT: It will say that there is an update and give you an option to do it. DONT - you will lose your unlock and there is no ETA on a JB for 4.0.2 yet.

Will I be able to see his info? I ask this because If I plan to sell it in a week will the new owner be able to see my info or his?

Will I be able to see his info? I ask this because If I plan to sell it in a week will the new owner be able to see my info or his?

Well that depends... can you still see his apps and contacts etc?

If yes - then your a bit stuck...as to get rid of his data iTunes will perform a restore and you cant restore to 4.0.1 anymore as its not signed.

If no - Then when you sell it you should perform a restore to 4.0.2 and the phone will be blank.

You should never sell an iPhone without wiping it first, its been proven that it stores passwords for mail accounts and any online forms in its cache and can be easily restored by anybody that knows how.... just some advice.

Last edited:
Well I accidentally restored to 4.0.2 and now am locked out of my phone. Is there anything that I can do or am I screwed?

Thnaks,
Jscean

Sorry mare but no, not until they release s JB for 4.0.2