What's new

Iphone 4 after jailbreak

jockmcd

Reaction score
Hi all after jailbreaking my iphone yesterday which i bought straight from the shop and was running 4.3.3 i installed jailbreakme through safari installing cydia and the winterboard i havent done much , still a bit wary but have installed a few things, my main question at this point in time is when i plug in my phone into my computer and itunes the next time after installing stuff is it going to ask me to update , what will it say and what should i do , please help , thanks.

Just ignore the update. Make sure you dump your 4.3.3 SHSH with iFaith ASAP so that you can restore 4.3.3 if anything ever goes wrong.

Make sure you dump your 4.3.3 SHSH with iFaith ASAP so that you can restore 4.3.3 if anything ever goes wrong
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks mills that has helped a little but in another kinda way has bamboozled me lol , what do you mean and i do it on my phone or through itunes coneected phone to copmuter , cheers bud , a little patience and explanation would be great, thank ou so much :)

iFaith is a PC application you can download from iH8sn0w.com open it and click "Dump SHSH" and it will walk you through putting your device into DFU mode and then dump the SHSH for you.

iFaith is a PC application you can download from iH8sn0w.com open it and click "Dump SHSH" and it will walk you through putting your device into DFU mode and then dump the SHSH for you.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mills that sounds like some good advice right there , once ive downloaded and pressed dump SHSH do i then plug phone in ? Will i have to start in DFU mode everytime i attach to computer from now on or only to dump and the firmware will not automatically update me will it ?

Just follow the onscreen instructions. You only need to go into DFU mode to dump or restore the custom firmware. And no, firmware does not update automatically, it tells you there is an update available and lets you update or ignore it.

Superb info Mills , thank you so much, much appreciated !
Will remember to read this thread before i next plug into itunes, cheers !

Should i wait till i need to plug into itunes or is this something i should do asap ?

Also can i go to app store after jailbreak ? Or will apple detect this ? I have no dump yet still learning about that

jockmcd said:
Also can i go to app store after jailbreak ? Or will apple detect this ? I have no dump yet still learning about that

Yes. You will be able to enjoy the app store and the Cydia store while jailbroken.

I got my IPhone 4 a month ago. Upgrade software to iSO 4.3.5. Tried jail breaking it using redsnow gives an error msg.
After numerous attempts to jail break it now my ITunes don't work gives me a connect to Internet to troubleshoot ITunes. I have uninstalled iTunes couple of time still gives me the same msg.

Please help!

Damsel In distress.

Sorry dk i cannot help there im new here but i do hope someone can help you out

mills or someone i need your help , ive just downloaded ifaith and ran the dump shsh after the first part of trying to hold and press the power and home button etc it said " Failed to enter DFU Mode " i cannot turn on my iphone now it is powerless with black screen what can i do , please help almost in tears here :-(

Guys not to worry , its came back on now after playing with power and home buttons , jeez that was scary , am i ok to try again do you think ? im paranoid now , please help.

Last edited:
Actually there is something i noticed , when i plug my phone in to start dump itunes also starts is this ok ? Or can i tell itunes not to start when plugging phone in or is this how it should be when dumping , cheers

Hi guys ive managed to complete my dump file , it says return to make signed ipsw blob or something like that.
1. How can actually tell i done the process corectly
2. What does create a signed ipsw blob mean , i know i can go to the main menu in ifaith and create this , is it just a simple case of following instructions once there or can anuone help me out , ?