What's new

Jailbreak help

saintdawson

Reaction score
Ok I tryied jailbreaking my iPod 4 5.1 and it froze on downloading jailbreak data how do I fix that from happening again and how do I get out of that stage since it froze

Just do a manual reboot(hold home+power for 10 seconds). Were you running Redsn0w in administrator mode? If not, try doing that, otherwise this time try downloading a firmware file from Download iOS Firmware and specifying the firmware by going to Extras>Select IPSW. Then jailbreak.

saintdawson said:
Ok I tryied jailbreaking my iPod 4 5.1 and it froze on downloading jailbreak data how do I fix that from happening again and how do I get out of that stage since it froze

This is usually fixed by doing what jmills said, or deleting redsn0w and downloading it from a different browser or guest account on your computer.

A tip.

Open the redsn0w folder and drag redsn0w.exe to your desktop.

Right click
Click Properties
Compatibility

In the bottom underneath "Privilege Level" check "Run this program as administrator".

Now it will always run as admin without having to right click. Just double click to launch and our good.......as long as redsn0w shows no errors any way.

Also make sure you have the latest redsn0w version 0.9.10b7

Last edited:
Ok and the hold power and home will take it out of downloading jailbreak data