What's new

PLEASE HELP with RESETTING IPHONE 3GS

gotiger

Reaction score
Hi,

I have iphone 3GS and IOS 4.0.1.. After i jailbreak my iphone i have difficulting resetting it back to factory defaults.

This is the step i do:
1) Settings then general then reset and i choose ERASE ALL CONTENTS and SETTNGS

After performing the steps, the phone FROZE! It hasn't gone back to the factory default screen,

what must i do ? please help. I just bought my iphone 4g and i want to sell my iphone 3GS.

-john

Thank you.!!! i was able to restore my iphone 3gs back to normal after following the instructions on how to recover in DFU mode. I didnt know you have to press the home and wake buttom for 10 seconds and release it after later..!=)

Also do you know if i can unlock iphone 3GS IOS 4.1 so that i can use it for t mobile instead of at&t. Do i have to downgrade 4.1 to 4.0.1 to unlock it? Please let me know what to do.

thanks much appreciated!

Thank you.!!! i was able to restore my iphone 3gs back to normal after following the instructions on how to recover in DFU mode. I didnt know you have to press the home and wake buttom for 10 seconds and release it after later..!=)

Also do you know if i can unlock iphone 3GS IOS 4.1 so that i can use it for t mobile instead of at&t. Do i have to downgrade 4.1 to 4.0.1 to unlock it? Please let me know what to do.

thanks much appreciated!

Oh man, you restored it to 4.1? Unfortunately, there is no unlock for the baseband that is incorporated with firmware 4.1. You'll have to wait. You can still downgrade to an earlier firmware since you were already jailbroken once but your baseband wont downgrade. Sorry

what exactly is a baseband?

Can i downgrade the firmware to 4.0.1 and then unlock it so i can use it for t mobile????

what exactly is a baseband?

Can i downgrade the firmware to 4.0.1 and then unlock it so i can use it for t mobile????

Baseband is the determining factor on whether or not you can unlock your phone. Unlike firmware, you cannot downgrade your baseband.

you are screwed with 4.1 no way back YET.