What's new

Jailbreak for 4.2.1 Untethered coming very very soon..

Well I won the mac! :) looking forward to receiving it and having ago at the jailbreak!
What do I use to do a tether first?
I have to be jail broken to get my shsh right!
Do I use Tiny umbrella? that saves the file to a spacific folder?

Cheers.

excellent, what model did you go for?

read the link i posted and all the info is there :) or the dev team blog either one is good

Any problems after this untethered jb. bluetooth or any other issues?

Well I won the mac! :) looking forward to receiving it and having ago at the jailbreak!
What do I use to do a tether first?
I have to be jail broken to get my shsh right!
Do I use Tiny umbrella? that saves the file to a spacific folder?

Cheers.

excellent, what model did you go for?

read the link i posted and all the info is there :) or the dev team blog either one is good

Ahh I only got a cheapish one! Just a iBook g3! I got it for a good price!
Ok thanks mate! Will see how I get on when I receive it! :)

They need to hurry up n release the jailbreak already!

can't wait for it any longer :p

They need to hurry up n release the jailbreak already!

can't wait for it any longer :p

I hear that. I don't want to downgrade operating systems just for a jailbreak, so, I wish they'd hurry up. Every time I log on and see this thread highlighted I get excited and think it's dropped. HURRY UP!!

Redsn0w Moving Forward: Still Not Available For Windows

By Darcie Perkins on January 11, 2011, 6:55 am
Less than one hour ago

iPhone dev team has released the sixth beta of Redsn0w 0.9.7 untethered iOS 4.2.1 jailbreak which is now available for download, and will jailbreak the iPad, iPhone 4, and iPod Touch 4G running iOS 4.2.1. As usual this beta version is not for Windows or general users, it is strictly for testing purpose only. Redsn0w 0.9.7b6 fixes the Skype issue.

This Version Can Be Run Together

Starting with this version, redsn0w no longer requires you to install and run a separate program for the usbmux (this was a non-trivial procedure for many). It’s okay to keep that program running if you normally use it for ssh anyway. We also think we’ve fixed a race condition in the GUI that was causing redsn0w to crash during the “Preparing JB Monte Files” step. Nothing at all has changed on the iPhone side (where the main issues are still just Bluetooth and Skype).
Still Only For Mac Users

The Dev-Team mentions that this version of RedSn0w implements the "backup plan" to the 4.2.1 untethered jb. Currently, it's only available for Mac users (for the sake of keeping things manageable), so those of you on a Windows system will have to wait, but that's probably the best thing to do anyway.
Very Specific

There are some very specific requirements for who can take part in this test release. For starters, it is Mac only at this stage. They also ask for testers who do not need the ultrasn0w unlock, and those that have legitimate (registered developer) access to the iOS 4.2 Beta 3 .ipsw (firmware) file and have got their 4.2b3 SHSH hashes stored via Cydia.

Tethered

This so called tethered or semi-tethered jailbreak condition in Redsn0w 0.9.6b4 however only applies to the new devices like: iPhone 3GS (new bootrom), iPhone 4, iPad, iPod touch 2G (MC Model), iPod touch 3G and the iPod touch 4G. Old devices like iPhone 3GS (old bootrom), iPhone 3G and iPod touch 2G (Non-MC Model) can be jailbroken-untethered right now using this latest version of Redsn0w.

so do they already have a working untethered jailbreak for 4.2 but its only for mac?

For 4.2.1 it's in beta. Somethings don't work, like bluetooth, and yeah it's only for mac at the moment.

Last edited:
bluetooth does not even work on a non jb iphone so it makes no difference when apple cripple the bluetooth

My blue tooth works fine even with the tethered jailbreak.
However, it is working with my car kit fine.
It sux when pairing to other phones as it never will pair to two phones so far. Not sure what that is about?