What's new

Jailbreak and Unlock 4.1 (READ BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD)

yeah that is what I ended up doing I gave up and went with GP.
My wife's 3gs is on 4.0, is it worth upgrading to 4.1 on a 3gs? Will GP work on a 3gs?

Can someone in plain English tell me why we are unlocking the phone? What is this jailbreak and unlock thing? I am really curious. Does it do more? What???? Please explain and hopefully write more than just typing one line. I am all ears and I would really appreciate it. I want to learn. Thanks.

Can someone in plain English tell me why we are unlocking the phone? What is this jailbreak and unlock thing? I am really curious. Does it do more? What???? Please explain and hopefully write more than just typing one line. I am all ears and I would really appreciate it. I want to learn. Thanks.

seriously dude you need to do some reading simply becuz this question is very strange .

unlock = means you can use iphone with other network other than ATT

JAILBREAK= YOU WILL HAVE THE POSSIBILITY either to download free application or buy application from other store than being limited to apple store ...

to understand more you need first to understand what is an iphone.

becuz you seems to be from an other planet .

to understand more you need first to understand what is an iphone.

becuz you seems to be from an other planet .

yes, he could make more search engin, you are right, but, but....

don't you think, for a split second, lots of new commers, had, before only Windows little knowledge, and, when they ear, like myself what is an Iphone or Apple, jumped to the wagon,( because, the price is becoming more attractive) and, sorry, with Apple we have to learn again and again...!!!!

all the terms are differents, all the procedures eithers....this is why an open platform is going, one day to be the only way to goes, not Apple, not Windows, more or like Android or Linux or else...

If hackers would not be there, lots of softwares would not even survives, and the softwares industry need the hackers, this is perhaps the only way to make the World, under a single roof, and who knows a single compagny, or even an only master of our World....

Then, please, beloved hackers, make a real jailbreak software, able to really jailbreak the Iphone4 4.1 8B117

thanks

Is it correct in thinking that there is no legitimate way to unlock iPhones ? After an update it could re-lock them?

Is it correct in thinking that there is no legitimate way to unlock iPhones ? After an update it could re-lock them?

in the us unlock and jailbreak is legal, i dont know about other countries but apple still try stop it.. so its a legit way but apple hate it when ppl do it

@bri what they said.. unlock means you can use any sim world wide, though if you upgrade firmware you lose the unlock and jailbreak is putting any app and being able to modify the phone as you wish and put apps on there apple dont approve of

normally if its unlocked you will see cydia on there also but that does not always mean it was unlocked.

but if you look at what version it is and its on the latest baseband and firmware you know it hasent been unlocked. and if you restore and it locks up then it has been unlocked, but i woulent risk that until there is an unlock for 4.1 then it wont be a risk doing that

normally if its unlocked you will see cydia on there also but that does not always mean it was unlocked.

but if you look at what version it is and its on the latest baseband and firmware you know it hasent been unlocked. and if you restore and it locks up then it has been unlocked, but i woulent risk that until there is an unlock for 4.1 then it wont be a risk doing that

Then Paliometoxo, tell me frankly...do you have your Iphone ONLY unlocked or also jailbreaked? this not very clear for me....and, after a soo long time, why, if, why did you not jailbreak it????

Then Paliometoxo, tell me frankly...do you have your Iphone ONLY unlocked or also jailbreaked? this not very clear for me....and, after a soo long time, why, if, why did you not jailbreak it????

you cant unlock your phone and not jailbreak.. unless like me you got it factory unlock which means i can upgrade with out it ever locking, so if and when i do jailbreak its only to customise my phone and add apps apple dont want me to add, i dont need unlock tools like ultrasn0w

but atm i have mine jailbroken.

you cant unlock your phone and not jailbreak.. unless like me you got it factory unlock which means i can upgrade with out it ever locking, so if and when i do jailbreak its only to customise my phone and add apps apple dont want me to add, i dont need unlock tools like ultrasn0w

thanks again, and, sorry again, why I can NOT jailbreak mine? I used tinyumbrella, told-me, my unit is unlocked, I even did a restore from Itunes store, but, when doing so, Iphone could not finish it's restore....and, now, what next, neither Greenpois0n, and Limerain did not worked...Then, what is best? to wait for next release of 4.2 with it's new baseband...?

thanks again, and, sorry again, why I can NOT jailbreak mine? I used tinyumbrella, told-me, my unit is unlocked, I even did a restore from Itunes store, but, when doing so, Iphone could not finish it's restore....and, now, what next, neither Greenpois0n, and Limerain did not worked...Then, what is best? to wait for next release of 4.2 with it's new baseband...?

if yours is factory unlocked also, in other words un locked by apple and not these tools you shouldent need to use tiny. if you ring apple they can tell you if the unit is really factory unlocked or not... what error do you get in itunes?

new baseband wont make a difference, but more information like the error message would help...

Paliometoxo,

I have a new, good or not I would see, but, after a Restore, from the Itunes store, I finally could see the Limerain drop in my Iphone and, sorry to have bothered you soo much, but now, I am happy and see what would come next...

thanks for newbies, and thanks for your help, then now I can change my signature...

Paliometoxo,

I have a new, good or not I would see, but, after a Restore, from the Itunes store, I finally could see the Limerain drop in my Iphone and, sorry to have bothered you soo much, but now, I am happy and see what would come next...

thanks for newbies, and thanks for your help, then now I can change my signature...

no bother at all, i am glad you got it working :) now you can install the many sweet cydia apps

go to settings > general > about and if its on 4.1 with baseband 2.10.04 then its unlocked as there is no unlock tool for that baseband, or restore and then you can see if it unlocks or locks

O.K. I looked in settings (General)...it is Verson 4.1 (8B117( with Modem Firmware 02.10.04.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying it is unlocked? Or are you saying that there is no unlock tool for that baseband....the last part, I don't get at all "or restore and then you can see if it unlocks or locks.

Also, in another note it was said when 4.2 comes out, 4.1 can be jailbroken and to wait for 4.2. I am lost. Thanks.

go to settings > general > about and if its on 4.1 with baseband 2.10.04 then its unlocked as there is no unlock tool for that baseband, or restore and then you can see if it unlocks or locks

O.K. I looked in settings (General)...it is Verson 4.1 (8B117( with Modem Firmware 02.10.04.

I don't understand what you are saying. Are you saying it is unlocked? Or are you saying that there is no unlock tool for that baseband....the last part, I don't get at all "or restore and then you can see if it unlocks or locks.

Also, in another note it was said when 4.2 comes out, 4.1 can be jailbroken and to wait for 4.2. I am lost. Thanks.

yes thats what i meant, there is no unlock for that baseband so your either using the carrier that the phone is locked to or its sim free iphone...

when 4.2 is released a few days after according to muscle nerd there will be a 4.1 baseband unlock, and the hole in the 4.1 baseband might work for the 4.2 baseband so you might see 4.2 unlock quicker then you think..

do you plan to unlock? or your using your phone with a contract and dont need unlock?