What's new

Jailbreak and IOS5

Snotrocket

Reaction score
I just wanted to start a thread where people can report on Cydia apps and their compatibility with IOS5. I found when I jailbroke this version every Cydia app crashed the phone which was quite inconvenient given that it's a teathered jailbreak.

What Cydia apps are you using and how well do they work?

heres a list ive been watching on another forum of working and non working cydia apps.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules

Working :
AdBlocker, AskToCall, BytaFont, CyDelete, DreamBoard, Five Icon Dock, Ifile, IWhiteBoard, NoLockScreen, NoSpot, Pull To Refresh Safari, Safari UniBar, SBMusic, SBSettings, SmoothBoard, Speed Intensifier, SpringBlock Breaker, SpringBoard Invaders, StayOpened, UISettings, wraparound, 3G Unrestrictor

Not Working :
AlarmDisplay, Backrounder, CameraButtons, CardSwitcher, Color Keyboard, Covert, Cydget, FakePercent, FolderLock, GravityLockScreen, Gridlock, Iconoclasm, IconSpiral, IconSupport: (Infiniboard, Infinidock, Infinifolders), IconRenamer, Liveclock, Masks, MultiCleaner, overboard, MyWi, PdaNet, PasswordPilot, RecognizeMe, SBFoatingIcons, SleepFX, SpyPhoto, SwitcherMod, Springtomize, Tlert, WeatherIcon,

Partially Working :
BiteSMS, CameraWallpaper, Mobile Substrate, SlideAway(only defalt settings work, cant adjust in settings), Winterboard (with Winterboard fix IOS5, otherwise u will be in safe mode)

BigBoss has an updated REPO for IOS 5. I believe most of the tweaks are in the beta stage but should all be IOS 5 compatible.

http://thebigboss.org/ios5beta

BiteSMS also has a IOS5 Beta REPO it works great with IOS5.

http://test-cydia.bitesms.com

SBSettings has been updated for IOS5 also

credit for this info goes to "benn1ng254" over at iPhone-Developers.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking of jailbreaking my 3GS, and wonder if anyone can recommend a good program, and possible a "how to". I would like Cydia installed.

no problem...... if anyone finds any others that work or dont work let me know by posting in this thread or shoot me a PM and ill add it to the list.

However, you need to familiarise yourself with our rules. Piracy is not cool and it's not what jailbreaking is about. So no references to that stuff from now on. OK?

However, you need to familiarise yourself with our rules. Piracy is not cool and it's not what jailbreaking is about. So no references to that stuff from now on. OK?

my apologies i just copied it without even looking to see what everything was....

Excellent info, thanks Garrett. Could you keep us posted in this thread as things progress?

What do you mean when you say bite SMS is kind of working? is it glitchy?

Garrett said:
no problem...... if anyone finds any others that work or dont work let me know by posting in this thread or shoot me a PM and ill add it to the list.

Gridlock works now. Still waiting on infiniboard though