What's new

Jailbreak 4.3.3 no service

amanda johnson

Reaction score
This my first time jailbreaking, cydia works great but no service anywhere... Can this be fixed?

What do u mean no service anywhere? Is your phone factory lock? What is the baseband of your phone? To see the base band of your phone go to setting> general> about/ and in there down of the list you will see modem firmware, what is the displayed numbers there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you rely on unlock to use your phone?

If yes then check your devices modem version in settings, general, about. The only one that can be unlocked is 01.59.00. If you have that version then go to cydia and search for ultrasn0w. If you don't have that version then you bricked your device during upgrade.

Let me know.

sounds like you have upgraded while needing an unlock thinking jailbreak is unlock

I think the problem is my baseband... It's 04.10.01... I read up on it and it can't be unlocked without a certain sim card... But I found one on eBay... Thanks everyone for your help

Hehe Amanda, sounds like you effed up. A month back I came home drunk and upgraded my perfectly unlockable baseband to the new one. I ended up selling that phone just recently. Remember you don't upgrade your phone via iTunes anymore. You use a tool like sn0wbreeze, redsn0w, etc. Those can preserve your baseband.

People say there are problems with those GEVEY SIMs, one obvious problem is that everytime you reboot you'd have to use the gevey SIM to unlock your phone. Imagine yourself at work, and you had an issue with your phone which rebooted it.

Hehe Amanda, sounds like you effed up. A month back I came home drunk and upgraded my perfectly unlockable baseband to the new one. I ended up selling that phone just recently. Remember you don't upgrade your phone via iTunes anymore. You use a tool like sn0wbreeze, redsn0w, etc. Those can preserve your baseband.

People say there are problems with those GEVEY SIMs, one obvious problem is that everytime you reboot you'd have to use the gevey SIM to unlock your phone. Imagine yourself at work, and you had an issue with your phone which rebooted it.

Very good explaination. Also i will like to correct that redsnow doesnt preserve the baseband. It just capable of untether jailbreak the iOS. Plus the latest redsnow have some new options added to it, still no way for it to preserve a baseband. Snowbreez preserve the baseband and jailbreak on windows and pwnage does the same also but on mac, whereby redsnow just jailbreak both on windows and mac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Im looking to jailbreak my iphone4 4.3.3 too and im running the 04.10.01 firmware but i heard you lose internet, im not sure if its true? some imput anyone...

Im looking to jailbreak my iphone4 4.3.3 too and im running the 04.10.01 firmware but i heard you lose internet, im not sure if its true? some imput anyone...

4.3.3 is the firmware and 04.10.01 is the baseband... you dont need to worry about the baseband version thats only a problem if you need to unlock your phone and there is no unlock for that baseband any way . unlock as in the ability to use any micro sim world wide GSM

4.3.3 you can use redsn0w check the hacking section

hey, i made a video about this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kf7y9NZIyk]YouTube - ‪iPhone 4 4.3.3 jailbreak no service FIX‬‏[/ame]

hope it works for you!