What's new

iWork for iPhone- Will anyone use it?

iTazm0n

Reaction score
There is another leak floating around the interweb hinting at iWork for the iP4/iTouch Screenshots of Pages for iPhone and iPod Touch? - Mac Rumors. I love the concept, but not sure I would use it much. I have QuickOffice connect on the phone now and it's pretty good. But between that and Pages/Numbers I have on my iPad, I've written and/or edited maybe 4-6 documents "on the go" so far.

Of course, I'm no hardcore roadwarrior, so I'm sure Apple knows there is a market for the mobile versions besides the freelancers like myself.

Would anyone use Pages on their phone? Do you currently use Quickoffice and would switch? Or do you use Pages on your iPad for something other than office work (i.e. have any cool creative uses you could suggest? :) )

I got an idea you wanna use the iPen and the iPaper app you can get it from the local store.

Later Apple Homie

I got an idea you wanna use the iPen and the iPaper app you can get it from the local store.

Later Apple Homie
Huh? iDon't get it...

I suppose he's trying to be funny..... Anyhou.... I don't really do much of any editing on the go. Most documents that are on my device are completed ones.

...sigh

...It was a stab at the reliance that people are placing on their devices and a philosophical window in to the future of how tasks will be achieved and the ever closing gap between the virtual and physical world... but there was no app for that explanation so thats probably why you didnt get it...

more to the point the easiest solution to edit on the go would be to utilize google docs which in future updates should allow apple mobile editing and which can be accessed from any internet connection and is far more powerful and open! then any apple offering.

Last edited:
lol... I have not used much of google's software. I would like to see a little more support for it in iOS.....but I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Atleast not to the level of a few Android phones.

Last edited:
Huh? iDon't get it...

...sigh

...It was a stab at the reliance that people are placing on their devices and a philosophical window in to the future of how tasks will be achieved and the ever closing gap between the virtual and physical world... but there was no app for that explanation so thats probably why you didnt get it...

more to the point the easiest solution to edit on the go would be to utilize google docs which in future updates should allow apple mobile editing and which can be accessed from any internet connection and is far more powerful and open! then any apple offering.

deeper sigh... iStill don't get it.... (wait, isn't an iStill a moonshine making app? ;P )

Anyway, as a counter point... peoples reliance on devices to augment their physical environment started long ago, but you can't deride the use of mobile document creation without criticizing those who were using iPens and paper to record contact information in those huge Dayrunners instead of packing all the names and digits into their greymatter...

iUnderstood your iNitial sarcastic poke... :D

Putting the jokes aside you actually hit on an interesting subject...

Can we digitize everything?

We have already started

with things like mail, magazines, books, banking, accounts, design, architecture, shopping, surveillance, socializing... etc.

i doubt i would use it, a small tiny phone for iwork? i would use it on the ipad if it had osx and i would buy it lol