What's new

iTunes

rasmith1959

Reaction score
Since there isn't a forum for this I guess this would be the right place to talk about this, if not then I apologize and please direct me to the right place.

There is one thing that I've often wondered about iTunes and syncing music to your iPhone. The problem is one that I'm sure others have experienced in that music that comes from other sources (mp3's, or ripped from CD's) the volume of the music tends to vary widely. On a PC when one right-clicks on a song and selects the Get Info menu option, one can increase or decrease the volume of the song as well as define custom eq settings.

Now my question is, when one makes these changes on their PC, do these customizations get transferred to your iPhone when that song is synced to it? Now just to enlighten anyone who wants to respond, I do have "Sound Check" enabled in Settings-Music, and I still find that some songs are at a lower volume than others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Since there isn't a forum for this I guess this would be the right place to talk about this, if not then I apologize and please direct me to the right place.

There is one thing that I've often wondered about iTunes and syncing music to your iPhone. The problem is one that I'm sure others have experienced in that music that comes from other sources (mp3's, or ripped from CD's) the volume of the music tends to vary widely. On a PC when one right-clicks on a song and selects the Get Info menu option, one can increase or decrease the volume of the song as well as define custom eq settings.

Now my question is, when one makes these changes on their PC, do these customizations get transferred to your iPhone when that song is synced to it? Now just to enlighten anyone who wants to respond, I do have "Sound Check" enabled in Settings-Music, and I still find that some songs are at a lower volume than others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Through a little research and experimentation I've found the answer. I found that yes any customizations to sound volume and any of the predefined equalizer settings will get synced to your iOS device. Any custom equalizer settings won't synchronize with your device.