What's new

Newbie here

bluerider

Reaction score
And I tried the search function but did not see anything relating to my issue, so here goes. Iphone 4 and my issue is with the Ipod. I can listen to all the songs on my playlist with no problems sitting, walking, running etc. Now I also like to listen to music when riding my motorcycle. Again when at a stand still or anything under 20 mph not a problem. But anything over that the problem starts. The volume will go from the set volume to where you can just hear it faintly and then back to the set volume. And this goes on in random intervals. I have tried a couple of headphone sets and its much less previlant with the Iphone headset but it still happens. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I have tried different settings for the Ipod with no noticiable change. (PS I uploaded most of the current music from a MP3 player that I road with for a couple of years with no issues and like I mentioned the same song not riding it NEVER does this) TIA

My only suggestion would be the 3 R's,

1. Reboot - Hold the lock and home button until you see the apple logo (about 10 seconds)

2. Restore via iTunes

3. If they both fail, Return...

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the help on the reboot. It worked almost 75% lol. The only problem is that it is 100% fixed unless you get to 70 mph. It is the weirdest thing, under 70 perfect,70 or above it starts again with not "quite" the same frequency as before. I will try the reboot again soon to see how it goes. The "funny" thing is my friend that has a 3gs that actually got me interested in the Iphone said he never had heard of this issue but then his started having the same problem just a couple of days later? But anyway thanks for the suggestions! Ken

Very strange. I used the iPod on my 3G when I did the enduros and never had a problem.

Does it do it in the car...?

Very strange. I used the iPod on my 3G when I did the enduros and never had a problem.

Does it do it in the car...?

Have not tried it in the car but will, but here is a twist, I was out doing some yard work this morning and using the Ipod, working just fine on the mower and weeding. Well after blowing off the driveway etc. I always blow off all the clippings etc. off of myself before heading into the house. As soon as the leaf blower got close to the phone/headset it did the same thing! I swear its so weird. I wonder if it has something to do with the mic in the headphones maybe?? But as I mentioned eairlier the reboot did make a major diference but the second time did not make an improvement. But thanks for the help. Ken

Your whole scenario -- with speed and the leaf blower -- is too interesting. And head-scratching! Let us know in the forum what you come up with as a solution.

I could well be something to do with the wind getting in and disrupting something. You could try blowing of certian parts of the phone while the iPod is playing to see if it will do it.

If you can recreate the problem yourself when showing apple I don't think they will have a problem replacing it for you...

And I tried the search function but did not see anything relating to my issue, so here goes. Iphone 4 and my issue is with the Ipod. I can listen to all the songs on my playlist with no problems sitting, walking, running etc. Now I also like to listen to music when riding my motorcycle. Again when at a stand still or anything under 20 mph not a problem. But anything over that the problem starts. The volume will go from the set volume to where you can just hear it faintly and then back to the set volume. And this goes on in random intervals. I have tried a couple of headphone sets and its much less previlant with the Iphone headset but it still happens. Any help would be greatly appriciated. I have tried different settings for the Ipod with no noticiable change. (PS I uploaded most of the current music from a MP3 player that I road with for a couple of years with no issues and like I mentioned the same song not riding it NEVER does this) TIA

When you mention it goes down to not being heard then back again, do you mean it fades out as if a call is incoming, then fades back in over the space of just over a second? because mine has been doing this occasionally and i dont know why..

I have the identical problem. I thought my headphones must be defective (skullcandy) and replaced them. It didn't help. The phone audio works perfectly, until I reach about 70. I assumed that it was a problem related to the noise canceling, but covering the phone or the microphone on the earbud headset, didn't prevent it from coming back. I reset the phone and it works normally except when I get back on the bike. First the button on the headset stops responding, then the audio goes from soft to full volume every minute or so. It's unusable like that. I have begun to wonder if it might be motor-speed related, but haven't tried to experiment to find out. Also, I should mention I work in industries that are unbelievably noisy, and never have any problem.

After making several searches on the web, it appears that others are having the same problem. The idea has been floated, that in order to control the headset using the least number of wires, a series of pulses - much like an old telephone might use, is possibly implemented. If so, wind flutter may be interfering with the controls and causing the problem. Maybe apple will recognize this problem and create a software patch.