What's new

Weird issues appearing on my iphone 5

love2dive

Reaction score
I'm turning to you guys to see if you can help before I get to a point where I will break my phone into pieces. I have an iPhone 5.

Starting about a month ago shortly after I updated to iOS 8, the first thing happened was that out of the blue, I could no longer play music through my car if the phone is connected to the car USB. I tried everything I could think of, and it still would not work. It was a nuisance, but I conceded and connected the phone to my car via Bluetooth. That way I could do hand free calling and listen to music that way. I just lack the ability of selecting the songs I want to listen from the displayed list. With Bluetooth, I have to select through one song at a time to get to the song I want.

Second issue that started a few days ago. Music volume on the phone randomly slides down to zero whenever I tried to listen to it in the car via Bluetooth while driving. Again, I have not been able to figure out why it does what it does. This is extremely annoying because I constantly having my music interrupted and having to access the music feature on the phone and raise the volume time and time again.

Third issue that is appearing more and more. The phone brightness would go to near complete darkness with no rhyme or reason. I then having to access the setting and turn up the brightness. Randomly, the same thing occurred again.

The problem occurs with or without the phone in the protective case. I suppose I could replace it with an iPhone 6, but I don't want to replace it until next year when the next model comes out. Has anyone reported a problem like mine? Is there anything I can do to resolve it or do I just put a bullet through it and buy a new phone?

love2dive