What's new

Itunes purchase to iphone

dbmorris

Reaction score
I have an iphone 4. In the past I synced it with the home computer but no longer have internet access there so am syncing it with a work computer. I tried to download an audiobook to the phone, using WiFi due to its size, but it only downloaded 1/2 books. On book 2 it got stuck at processing. Everything I read online said to download it using itunes then sync it with the phone. So I did. Its no on itunes but when synced does not transfer over to the phone. Is there a setting I am missing? Does the fact I have it synced with the home computer screw it up? Why isn't it as simple as telling it to transfer over to the phone?

Any help? Its a $20 book so I really don't want to have to buy it twice, not that I could as that is no longer an option on the phone.

Thanks for any help,
Danny

Once you buy something on iTunes, you will never be charged for it again. And you are allowed to redownload at no cost anytime you wish.

I recommend holding the home button and sleep/standby button at the same time until the white apple logo appears. This is called a "hard reset" and allows the iPhone to basically reset its memory to a known good condition while retaining all of your information. Think of it as hitting your reset button on a computer. This might help clear your issue up and allow you to start the download again.

I have downloaded it to itunes on the computer so when I bring it up on the phone (as purchased) book 2 is not listed. Book 2 IS listed in itunes, book 1 on the phone. One would think you could drag and drop it from the computer to the phone, at least that is what I have become accustomed to. Because the phone was synced at home it sees the work computer as the second computer so it now wants to wipe the phone clean and add whats on it at work, nothing. I could just sync the audio books only but would lose what is on the phone in exchange for whats on the computer.

The error I was having on the phone was it continually says 'Processing' after it downloads. From everything I saw going back to 09 this is not uncommon and the suggested 'fix' was to download it onto itunes then sync it, leading to where I am now.

And a hard reset might fix the "Processing" issue.

To address iTunes, I would suggest going to the tab that covers audio books and making sure that you have it set to either sync all or that the specific book you want is checked and then press Sync in the lower right corner.

I tried the reset but the same thing. Book 2 is not listed on the phone as available for download or even purchased. My assumption is that because it was downloaded on itunes it think it already has. The problem with syncing only this book now is that because it was synced on a different computer it wants to wipe whatever is on my iphone then add whatever is on this itunes. All I want to do is copy that one book, 2/2, onto the phone so it's listed with 1/2. Shouldn't be that complicated really, drag and drop.

You should be able to redownload the book with the computer/iTunes that already has book 1. That is a standard feature of iTunes unless they changed something within the last 3 months that I am unaware of.

At this point, I highly suggest you call Apple techsupport. Because if you can not redownload book two on the same computer that already has book one, then you have an issue that no one but they can fix.

My alternative to a long drawn out conversation with them; uninstall itunes and use audible.com instead, lol. That way if I change phone types later I can continue to use the books whereas with itunes they are lost back to the clouds somewhere. I rarely use it anyways and it just takes up disc space so off it goes, lol. Someone probably could fix this though no doubt but my patience with this program has reached its end. I always hated it before so when they came up with wireless updates some time ago I no longer needed it, now that I try and use it again I remember why I hated it so much. I know apple fans have no problem with it but man, I have been using computers since the old IBM DOS types and I just hate this program, hate it. Love my iphone, even got the wife one, but wow I hate itunes. Thanks for the help and for trying tho.